Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm I interested in hearing from those who have upgraded your muffler. I see most ads say upgrading will increase horsepower. Has anyone seen an increase in HP? Or better mileage? Is there really any difference other than the sound?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
you'll see minimal difference in power or fuel economy. Not enough to be worth the price. A good stainless steel exhaust will last longer tho, most add one for the sound or to get rid of the low hanging stock unit. Those are the reasons that I added one.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
I'm I interested in hearing from those who have upgraded your muffler. I see most ads say upgrading will increase horsepower. Has anyone seen an increase in HP? Or better mileage? Is there really any difference other than the sound?
Companies advertise that so you make a decision to buy their product. With vehicles other than JK's it might be true to a degree, but the real answer is no. If you like the sound or look of the system get it. I went with a dual cat back. I like the look and sound. There is nothing else.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
My brother and I at one point had matching JKU's. Both 09's, same gearing, same tires, same rim size and pretty similar accessories. He had the magnaflow exhaust on his and I was riding on stock. Besides the sound, which wasnt hugely improved, I did not feel a different between the Jeep's when we switched off. He didn't either.

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
You need to something more than just a muffler to increase horsepower.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts