Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed at my lost rotation that there was uneven wear on some of the lugs of my stock MTs. Since the rotation it seems as if the lugs are smoothing out. It seems like this is a common issue, but I'm wondering how much of the road noise is this uneven wear vs. just being mud treads. Thoughts?

S

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
I like the stock muds and I know I'm probably in the minority, but I don't think that there is alot of road noise. You might just be tuning in on it more. What will help is do a rotation on them every 6,000 miles max. If you let it go more than that on these tires you won't get the max wear and mileage out of them.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have the bfg mts have close to 10k on them have rotated 2x no road noise on mine as for the uneven tread wear I have 2 words TIRE PRESSURE is allso the life of your tires and can afect mpgs hears mine as they stand at about 10k

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tire pressure- I've been running at the recommended 37. Thoughts there?

S

·
Registered
996 Posts
My stock tires and wheels had very little noise until I changed to aftermarket wheels with 4.5 bs now the tires hang out of the fender some and are really noisy. I have 5900 miles on them and they are not ever going to see 10000 miles. As far as tire pressure I was at 37 now down to 27 to soften the ride some. I guess if I want no noise I should have left the stock wheels on but I just hated them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
actulay runing on 37 psi could cause some bouncing in your tire and cause some uneven tread . i have kelly safaro tsr and run them at 32 cause im to lazy to reprograme my tpms sensor. if you dont have the tmps or not lazy as me should run at around 30 psi will be a nice ride and not to low so you cause some wear if too high in psi your center of tire will use more if too low the side interior and exterior( base of tire speeking) will wear uneven. hope this help !!!

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
actulay runing on 37 psi could cause some bouncing in your tire and cause some uneven tread . i have kelly safaro tsr and run them at 32 cause im to lazy to reprograme my tpms sensor. if you dont have the tmps or not lazy as me should run at around 30 psi will be a nice ride and not to low so you cause some wear if too high in psi your center of tire will use more if too low the side interior and exterior( base of tire speeking) will wear uneven. hope this help !!!
OP is running stock tires.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like the rear lugs are starting to wear more evenly. I'll give it a couple thousand more and rotate again. We'll see!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts