Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the stock (base) radio be used with bluetooth to strean music from a iPhone. I think the radio is code 130. I know it has a jack for hard wire iPhone hook up.

Thanks for any help,
Howard

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
What matters more then the radio is whether it has the uConnect module or not.

If you have the steering wheel controls, like the top two then you probably have the uConnect module and can use it for making bluetooth phone calls and music streaming. If you don't then you will probably need to install the uConnect module to make this happen.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Gonna bump Y-Guy's post. I have a stock no power options 2015 JK Willy's. The only thing i added was the UConnect module for bluetooth connectivity. My radio is also the 130.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
What matters more then the radio is whether it has the uConnect module or not.

If you have the steering wheel controls, like the top two then you probably have the uConnect module and can use it for making bluetooth phone calls and music streaming. If you don't then you will probably need to install the uConnect module to make this happen.

I believe that picture is of the buttons one gets with the Connectivity Package. That package includes buttons for the EVIC and buttons for the Uconnect Bluetooth module. The reason I mention that, is that I don't think one can get (buy, order, install) just the buttons for the Uconnect (the top most two).

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does the Uconnect steering wheel controls allow you to control the radio? (volume and station?)

If so I haven't been able to figure it out.
:crash:

·
Registered
83 Posts
The controls for the radio are on the reverse side of the wheel. So when you wrap your hand around your finger will touch the buttons. Left side buttons are: middle cycles presets, up and down are seek. Right hand middle cycles through an/fm/xm etc and up down are volume.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Can the stock (base) radio be used with bluetooth to strean music from a iPhone. I think the radio is code 130. I know it has a jack for hard wire iPhone hook up.

Thanks for any help,
Howard
Yes, if you have the Uconnect package. My 13 had the 130 with Uconnect and I could stream music

·
Registered
14 Posts
The controls for the radio are on the reverse side of the wheel. So when you wrap your hand around your finger will touch the buttons. Left side buttons are: middle cycles presets, up and down are seek. Right hand middle cycles through an/fm/xm etc and up down are volume.

WOW thanks!! I had no clue.... Granted I've only had my Jeep for less the a week :)

It took me 3 days to figure out how to get the lights to turn on when the door opens... Eventually I'll get there.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
WOW thanks!! I had no clue.... Granted I've only had my Jeep for less the a week :)

It took me 3 days to figure out how to get the lights to turn on when the door opens... Eventually I'll get there.
I know it sounds old fashioned but I really suggest grabbing your owners manual and going through it. There are a lot of things your Jeep can do and that you need to know about that are covered in the manual. Things like how to reset the oil change reminder and how to use 4hi and 4low to name a few. Enjoy your new Jeep!

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you are interested in a non-mopar portable solution i would recommend the Jabra Tour bluetooth speaker, works great, has lots of features (about $45 from Amazon).

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Mine is stock 130 with the Bluetooth, One thing to mention is that there is a heck of a delay. I can't watch youtube or movies on the HTC One or the wife's Samsung 5

·
Registered
583 Posts
If you have the Uconnect buttons on the radio, then you'll be able to find the parts online:
1) MOPAR Uconnect kit PN 82212159
2) Optional USB cable PN 82212160
3) The install is quite simple and takes about 1.5 hr to do. Once the installation is completed then you'll need to go to the dealer and have the vehicle flashed to sales code RSP. Call around for this step, you'll find a range of 50 - $100.
I too do not have the uConnect buttons, what options do I have other than a "portable unit"?

I want to keep use a stock radio I have a 130 but ready to upgrade to 430RBZ
Or does the 430RBZ already do this?

·
Registered
149 Posts

Thanks for any help,
Howard
If your window sticker or build sheet shows "Connectivity group" you can stream music via bluetooth.

I have a 130n radio and Connectivity group. It does a great job too.

BTW, if you have a CD in the player you press the Disc / Aux button twice to get to BT.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Is there a program to add the "connectivity group" I have the touch screen and navigation but my head unit does not have Bluetooth

·
Registered
149 Posts
Is there a program to add the "connectivity group" I have the touch screen and navigation but my head unit does not have Bluetooth
If by program, you mean software, I don't think so.

Here's the description: Connectivity Group that brings functional upgrades such as a tire-pressure-monitor display, Uconnect voice recognition, Bluetooth, and what Jeep calls an “electronic vehicle information center.”

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Which head unit do you have?

One of the additional features that the Connectivity Group might include, depending on head unit, is an external (to the head unit) module that supports Bluetooth and a few other features.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts