Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are meh, I want to remove them before I put on my leveling kit and my MB72s and Duratrac 33s on the JKU. Are the rails difficult to remove?

Also, with theire removal, are there any comperable close to the body liner or guards that can be had relatively cheap? I don't see me running over any rocks any time soon, so I am not worried if they come off. I saw another Jeep on the road with a matte black bolted on rock rail or sleeve that went the same length as what looked to be their stock rail holes.

Thanks!

OH YEA, forgot, since I have a Sahara Unlimited with the matching flares which I personally loathe, will the new tires have any issues running under the dimensions of the wheel area? The non Sahara's have the stock flares and I can't tell if they are the same size as these things.

Double thanks in advance for helping me xform my Jeep!

·
Rock-Rubber
16,970 Posts
Sahara flares are 1 inch wider, or at least on the TJ.

The rails are removable, I am not sure if yours are painted underneath or not some TJ's were not. You can get like diamond plate strip looking thing to put on there for cheap. I would personally keep them. I had a friend of mine back into my jeep, she hit that with her bumper and it protected my tub from damage. New tub=a few hundred bucks, a scratched rail= me happy :) just a thought.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great point, never thought of what other folks would do. Maybe I'll see what it looks like with the new wheels on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts