Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to cut holes in the stock rear bumper to install the Flush Mount Rigid Duallys?

Not sure if there is an area on the bumper that would accomodate theses, but would be a nice setup to install. Anyone have the depth measurements on these?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Has anyone tried to cut holes in the stock rear bumper to install the Flush Mount Rigid Duallys?

Not sure if there is an area on the bumper that would accomodate theses, but would be a nice setup to install. Anyone have the depth measurements on these?

Out by the corners theres room.

·
Desert Dweller
633 Posts
I installed these flush mount lights. Worked fine. LOTS of room inside my 2012 bumper. Don't know about the '09.

The hardest part is working up the courage to make the first cut. Removing the bumper makes everything easier.

Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper

Audio equipment Computer speaker Loudspeaker Subwoofer Technology

Bumper Vehicle

Wood Floor Wire

Regards,

·
Registered
100 Posts
Love your idea

I installed these flush mount lights. Worked fine. LOTS of room inside my 2012 bumper. Don't know about the '09.

The hardest part is working up the courage to make the first cut. Removing the bumper makes everything easier.

Love it! I just want more light, most of those lights are regulated (DOT) to only put out a certain amount of light. Mi thought with rigid flush mounts you would get a ton more light. I'm sure someone out there put them on a stock bumper. Thanks for the pics. Looks great.

·
Desert Dweller
633 Posts
Well, you should be able to do the same thing I did but use the Rigid lights instead. The bumper is thick enough that you should be able to use some screws to hold the lights in. I don't think you'd need nuts and bolts. One issue though is heat. You're not going to get any ventilation around the lights for cooling.

Regards,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts