Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have a 2001 jeep wrangler Sahara with stock 15x8 aluminum rims what is the biggest tire i can run without rubbing. I have a 3" spacer lift and a one inch body lift. What would you recommend?:banghead:

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
on your stock rims the biggest tire you can run without rubbing is a 31x10.5/15. I recomend you save for new rims with the proper back spacing and get 33x12.5/15's or what might work for ya ill be it there not common get a set of 33x10.5/15's and then you can have a tire that will fill up wheel well some and still fit on a stock rim.. but 33x10.5/15's are not very common so you are limited.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I get the 33x10.50, will the backspacing of the stock rim be an issue?

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
being that there is rarely a issue with the 31x10.5 there shouldn't be with the 33x10.5 but also remember you have limited tire selections.. In fact the only 33x10.5 I can think of and im not even sure there still made in that size is the BFG KM2

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found some BF Goodrich M/T 33x.10.50 x 15's all five for about $1,200.00. Thanks alot for all your help!!! T.J.

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
Your welcome :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
being that there is rarely a issue with the 31x10.5 there shouldn't be with the 33x10.5 but also remember you have limited tire selections.. In fact the only 33x10.5 I can think of and im not even sure there still made in that size is the BFG KM2
Only part true.... don't forget that the diameter is going to contribute slightly to how close the inside edge of that tread gets to the LCAs turning. Go turn your wheels to full lock and take a look yourself, and image your tire is about 1" bigger....

33x10.5 can be had in BFG KM2 and AT. There are metric equivalents if you have a 16" rim.

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
Only part true.... don't forget that the diameter is going to contribute slightly to how close the inside edge of that tread gets to the LCAs turning. Go turn your wheels to full lock and take a look yourself, and image your tire is about 1" bigger....

33x10.5 can be had in BFG KM2 and AT. There are metric equivalents if you have a 16" rim.
Good Point Mike

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
jeepinmike said:

I think tsl makes a swamped in that as well.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,374 Posts
Only part true.... don't forget that the diameter is going to contribute slightly to how close the inside edge of that tread gets to the LCAs turning. Go turn your wheels to full lock and take a look yourself, and image your tire is about 1" bigger...
That can be taken care of by adding a washer or two under the left and right steering stop bolts as shown at Jeep Steer Stop Adjustment

I added two washers under both bolt stops of my previous TJ and the slight increase in turning radius was so small that I never noticed it. I didn't even bother removing the washers once I went to a different wheel with less backspacing that eliminated the problem.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks I will check that out right now I have 31x9.5's on th stock rims I appreciate all the help and ideas. Does any one know of some offroad trails around Virginia Beach area?

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
Thanks I will check that out right now I have 31x9.5's on th stock rims I appreciate all the help and ideas. Does any one know of some offroad trails around Virginia Beach area?
check or post question in here Virginia Jeep Forum - Jeep Wrangler Forum. Also I know Big Dogs Offroad has 4 or so public events a year and there somewhere in virgina.. Um.. Your not to far away from north eastern nc so might want to look at whats in that area as well

1 - 14 of 14 Posts