Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just gave my 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Polar Edition a 3.5 inch Rough Country lift. When the tread of my stock tires wear off, I'm going to put larger tires on. I think the stock rims look great and really do not want to buy new ones. What size would be the largest tire you could put on a stock 18 x 7.5 rim? This is a daily driver so I'm not really looking into the huge knobby tires....just larger tires that work well on the road and not huge amounts of road noise. Maybe BF Goodrich, Bridgestone, Goodyear, Dick Cepek......

·
Registered
581 Posts
I had 35x12.50 KO2's on my stock wheels for a short time while I waited on my KMC's. The installers said they were a PITA but they fit with spacers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I currently do have the 1.5 spacers on. Could I run 35x12.50's on the stock rim? Or would 305x70 be the largest?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I currently do have the 1.5 spacers on. Could I run 35x12.50's on the stock rim? Or would 305x70 be the largest?
Many do run 35x12.5's on stock rims without issue . Rim width is technically narrower than tire manufactures recommended range, some have reported tire shops refusing to mount them, but sounds to be few and far between.

For a daily driver, look into your options in the 11" width range (285 or 295) keep weight down and width down a bit for better highway manners. See if there are 285/70 or 395/70 in 18" wheel, you'd be running in the 11-11.5 X 34 range.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=285-70r18-295-70r18

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm running 295/70/r18 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 07 stock Sahara rims with 1.5" spacers and they are great. No problems with the spacers and when I replace the worn tires in the next few months, I will use same size.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts