Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On or off? I have it off right now cause of some work I did underneath. It was a pain in the a$$ to take off. Anyone leave it off or what. Also are the plastic screw holder thingys that hold it to the frame a dealer item or can I get them somewhere else? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
The front "skid plate" is actually an air dam. Has nothing to do with protection. For that you need a skid plate. You don't really need it. However, some have said that without it they experienced some hood flutter. But, that might have been due to other factors.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I've seen the plastic screw holder thingys at Lowe's where all of the different screws, nuts and bolts are.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I got the 'christmas tree' fasteners at Pep Boys. A package of 4 for a couple bucks or so. But when I pulled my fender liners I just reused them, they hold up pretty well after being pulled out even if they look mutilated.

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
Yea thats not a skid plate. Yanked mine off the first week I had the Jeep and never looked back. The only function it serves is keeping the engine bay a bit cleaner by deflecting splash up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts