Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

stock speakers - replaced

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  TXST8tj 
#1 ·
some weeks ago i replaced the stock speakers in the front and in the soundbar with some better sony speakers.
the stock radio ist now much louder and sounds better.
my next step will be to replace the stock subwoofer with a better one.

here are some pics:
klick me

#5 ·
Yeah a sub will help a lot. My problem was that when I put the top down, I couldn't hear it anymore. And what I could hear, sounded terrible.

So I went to Best Buy and they had some open item stuff. Wound up with 2 10" Sonys, in a box the perfect size for behind the back seat, and a 1000 watt amp all for $239 installed. Someone had ordered them for an install and never showed or paid for them.

So I got 4 matching sony speakers for the soundbar and fronts and never looked back. Sure, I get some crap for "having a system", being a grown man and all:rolleyes: , but I'm not one to pass up a bargain when I see one. AND it does sound awesome! Pearl Jam and the Black Crowes never sounded so good. :flipoff:

#9 ·
i spend enough time in my jeep everyday for it to be important to me to have nice sound. i've upgraded mine over a year or so and it's almost done as i want it.

pioneer 6500

Kicker KS525

Kicker KS525

Bazooka ELA 260

JL Audio 10w0

currently working on a rear seat in-seat enclosure for the 10" sub. will regain the little cargo space there is and it will sound 100x better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.