Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Installed a 2-1/2" lift last year on my 2012 2-door I always thought the back was about an inch lower then the front. I contacted Rubicon Express and they asked for my coil lengths. 12-1/4"-12-1/2" in the front, 10-1/2" in the back. All I can find online is that the stock front dimensions are 9-3/8". So I got a 3" lift in the front. I think with these kits your supposed to get 2" in the back. I don't have any extra weight on the jeep other then 33" tires on back. Anyone know what the stock rear dimensions compressed are.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just measured the 60 rear springs I have in the garage and they are at least 14 1/2 inches. This is free length, uninstalled.

·
Super Moderator
14,550 Posts
Anyone with a 2-1/2" Rubicon Express lift willing to measure their rear springs.
The weight and results of lifting every Jeep is a little different, that measurement isn't really going to do anything for you...

Measure the pinch seam to ground in front of the rear tire and behind the front tire. If the front is higher, add a coil spacer to the rear to level it out.

I've personally experienced AEV 2.5 dualsports where the front of one Jeep was 3/4" lower than another, with everything else basically equal. On went a 3/4 front spacer and bingo, all good.

To measure actual lift, these are the measurements we use:

That's not an actual spring measurement, it's the distance from the spring pad to the lip of the spring tower.:beerdrinking:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts