Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Will 265/75/16 tires fit on the stock 16 inch steelies the 2010 wrangler comes with?
Yes, that is what I am running on my stock steel rims on my 08 X. Some have even put on 275/75-16 tires, but 265 is the max they are actually recommended for.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have a fron facing picture of the wheels? And is spacing or anything required? I am new to jeeps so i have no clue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

hig4s thanks for the pic and the help man. Today i just put on 265/75/16 bf goodrich a/t ko or whatever and it looks great.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Couple questions about putting 265/75/r16s on the stock steel wheels...

(1) did you need to get the superchips flashpaq to re-program the speedometer?

(2) I have a 2010 with auto trans and 3.73 gears. Any issues there?

Thanks!

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts

Thanks!
+1 going to get a set this week and want to know too. Any rubbing or change in gas mileage?

·
Premium Member
28,214 Posts

Thanks!
i believe that size tire is a stock option form jeep, so the dealership should be able to re set your speedo for you. also, its not that much of a change to have issues with your gearing and transmission.

·
Registered
439 Posts
i believe that size tire is a stock option form jeep, so the dealership should be able to re set your speedo for you. also, its not that much of a change to have issues with your gearing and transmission.
255 is the largest stock tire so the dealers either cannot or will not re-calibrate you speedo. I bought a Procal unit.. But I'm thinking about putting it back to stock and buying a superchips instead.

I have 3:73 manual trans and with bigger tires it is noticable, but not bad, But with an auto I would think you would need the superchips so you can adjust your shift points.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:cool: The 265/75x16 is much less than 31" installed on the jeep !!

I've got 33.6" Hankook Dynapros and using the AEV Procal, it fixed the speedo and "0" my TPMS so there's no more "chime" or dash icon

A 265/75--is kinda waste of money, when you can get some Rubi take-off's for $500 bucks !!

The dealer is willing to set your speedo for those take=off's--

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
Premium Member
28,214 Posts
255 is the largest stock tire so the dealers either cannot or will not re-calibrate you speedo. I bought a Procal unit.. But I'm thinking about putting it back to stock and buying a superchips instead.

I have 3:73 manual trans and with bigger tires it is noticable, but not bad, But with an auto I would think you would need the superchips so you can adjust your shift points.
well the dealer by me will re calibrate for rubi spec tires on a non rubi model. i just went off of that.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:) I've had the ProComp 265/75x16 MT on my '06 Xterra--30.75"

I tried the same ones on my '08 JKU when I first gotit--about 30.5"

The 255/75x17 stockers (BFG KM's were 31.5 on my JKU)

Now, as I'm sure you know--this was at 30psi and if you jackitup to 40psi the 265's will probably be right at 31" !!

It's all relative, I run my Hankooks at 28 psi and they measure 32.8"

Go with the flo

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
Premium Member
28,214 Posts
yeah, i was running geolanders at 30psi, guess that just shows how even though they are supposed to be the same size, there is a bit of manufacture difference.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
here's my jeep when she was a baby stocker wearing 265/75/16 stock steelies.

I bought them with the jeep. I think the PO added them after the original purchase though, as my speed was indeed reading about 2mph too slow. 65 was actually 67 etc. I had no rubbing or anything. no issues at all really except for traction since the tires were junky AT's that just couldn't hang.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts