Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I'm looking for stock tire options in 30X9.50X15 for my LJ. I'm looking in case I have to replace them, because I have a spare that doesn't match, AND I found out that my tires are dated at least 6 years ago(!). I can see tiny cracks down in the depressions between the lugs. How do I determine if the tires are safe to keep using?

The last question is, what tires in that size are good for a more aggressive tread/look than what I have now. See below. The tire you see was on the day I brought it home, so it looks newer than I thought. I completely forgot to check the age date on them.

Edit: the reason they have that much tread is because the Jeep only had 22,000 mi when I bought it.

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Do you want to stay with an AT or go with a MT? Lots of folks like the goodyear duratrac.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you want to stay with an AT or go with a MT? Lots of folks like the goodyear duratrac.

I want to stay with an AT. I suppose I'm looking for a more aggressive AT, since the majority of my driving is asphalt, but I do want to do dirt/mud driving as well.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
AmericaOverland said:
I already did, and that's why I came here. I want to get real-world experience from you guys.
Ok I just installed a set of Goodyear Wrangler Authority from wal mart a few weeks ago and they seem great so far. I actually pm'd a few users on here and other forums who had the tires a while and all said they performed well on and off road. They are a 31-10.50-15 though
Here's a couple pics

1 - 6 of 6 Posts