Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Rubicon two door manual trans . The tires BF Goodrich M/T I am running 35 psi and really think it is to much . The door post I saying 37 psi and I may drop it t 32 psi . At what pressure will the Tire Monitor go off .

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
Mine will nag me with a low pressure warning at about 32 PSI. I tend to run mine at 34 just to keep it off. I have the same tires on my Chief. BTW, I don't think they are available from BFG any more. I'm dong a 4 tire rotation and in a year or so will probably change mine out for either BFG KO2s or Goodyear Duratracs.

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
Don't you also need an adapter for the OBDII port to use J-Scan?

·
Super Moderator
4,588 Posts
You do need an OB2 adapter. But they are cheap. That said, I use a ProCal. I prefer simple.
The stock system will come on when it gets 5 psi below target pressure. So, at 32 psi the light should come on stock + or - the variance in the sensors accuracy. And it won't go off until target pressure is met or exceeded.

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
The pressure listed on vehicle stickers (in your case 37 PSI) is the pressure required at maximum load.

So if you have the spouse, kids, mother in law, the dog and all their gear in there, then run 37. Otherwise run less.

The best way to find out the optimum pressure is the (very easy) chalk test. 32 is a good place to start.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I also run 32psi in my 2017 Rubi Recon on stock BFG KM's. Bump it up to 35-37 loaded heavy for a trip. The Recon does not ride real soft and cushy even at 32 though, seems to be a substantial difference in spring rates compared to the standard Wranglers.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I run 34 psi and really no problems yet . But on a cool morning the psi will be less so a small pieces of black tape will fix it .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts