Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...I am very close to finalizing a deal on a 2014 2 door sport S. Very excited...one question.

It will come with the upgraded 17 inch wheels, which I plan on replacing immediately with 33X12.5X15's. Also, it will get an AEV 2.5 lift immediately too.

So, what does everyone do with there stock equipment!? Seems ridiculous that I'm paying for all of it and then in a since ripping it off and replacing it. Do people sell it independently? I couldn't see a dealership wanting to buy it back. Or am I just stuck with it in case I want to convert it back to stock when I resell.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
some people try and sell them on craigslist. Most dealers will give nothing for them. I traded mine in at my local tire shop and got a good trade towards my new tires.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I've had mine on CL for months. Still sitting in my garage. I'm the cheapest price too. Maybe tomorrow mornings garage sale will bring me better luck.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I see new take offs sets of 5 on Clist going as cheap as $400 up to $1.000 depending on what they are IE stock cookie cutters or Rubicon take offs you might get $500 for them depends on where you are ? I bought a set of BFG M/T and Rubi rims for $800 2 years ago and they are still at 65%tread wish I had kept stock ones for vacation just for the MPGs on HWY.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ask your dealer to swap your 17s for base steelies plus cash credit. They might do it.

My friend the jeep sales manager did this for me because a lot of Wrangler buyers are actually disappointed you can't get a base model with bigger tires without tacking $2,300 for the S package.

My friend marked up a base Jeep by $1,000 since it had my sport s take off and ended up selling quite fast. Doesn't hurt to ask!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts