Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......what lift kit could one put on as to not look weird or out of place without doing a serious money makeover? In other words, want to keep stock tires and wheels for now and maybe add 2.5" or so lift.

Any particular brand over another that has a great reputation?

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
Stock tires/wheels do not need a lift. The tires will look tiny. If anything, most I would suggest is a level kit.

If you want to "look" lifted, flat fenders to open up the wheel wells.

·
Registered
503 Posts
A level kit will give you a slight lift that still looks ok with stock tires and wheels. I have always had luck with teraflex.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
......what lift kit could one put on as to not look weird or out of place without doing a serious money makeover? In other words, want to keep stock tires and wheels for now and maybe add 2.5" or so lift.

Any particular brand over another that has a great reputation?
The max on stock tires is a 1.5" lift. Otherwise you look like the Jeep that likes to skip leg day.

The Teraflex performance leveling kit is great. I highly recommend putting on aftermarket shocks to upgrade your ride/drive while you're at it. The Rancho 5000X is very economical and a great shock.

Reactions: wadewolf

·
Registered
904 Posts
i'm running mopar 2 inch lift and stock wheels / tires. i like the look, not bad at all. something seems a little smurfy around here, lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the 3.5" MetalCloak Game Changer lift. The tires are still stock and while they do look a bit on the small side I can deal with it for a few thousand more miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The max on stock tires is a 1.5" lift. Otherwise you look like the Jeep that likes to skip leg day.

The Teraflex performance leveling kit is great. I highly recommend putting on aftermarket shocks to upgrade your ride/drive while you're at it. The Rancho 5000X is very economical and a great shock.
Awesome. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts