Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I just moved to western Minnesota and found out that there is a OHV park nearby and I want to go play around on it NOW. Lol. I have a stock TJ and I was wondering if it is wise or not to go on these off-road trails. My jeep currently and sadly doesn't have a lift kit on it or any stronger axles on it other than stock :(. O and It is a 2.5L. Just don't want to break anything on my "new" toy :). Friendly advice please?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Alright I just moved to western Minnesota and found out that there is a OHV park nearby and I want to go play around on it NOW. Lol. I have a stock TJ and I was wondering if it is wise or not to go on these off-road trails. My jeep currently and sadly doesn't have a lift kit on it or any stronger axles on it other than stock :(. O and It is a 2.5L. Just don't want to break anything on my "new" toy :). Friendly advice please?
you can always go out with people, stay calm and just try stuff.
you dont HAVE to hit it like a crazy person, judge the situations as you come to them and trust your jeep, a little stocker may surprise you

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Alright thank you. Ha I'm going to try it and take some vids to see how it does!
very cool!

I was very surprised the first time I took mine out. It did stuff my old mud truck couldn't think of doing

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
calvinator06 said:
Do you think even with a the weak D35 and stock axles will old up with the torque?
You have less of a chance of breaking a shaft with stock tires and especially when you have a 2.5L

·
Registered
304 Posts
Your dana 35 will be fine stock. Mine on 33's has lasted a long time climbing rocks, ledges and waterfalls. Go play and learn what you and your jeep can do. You will be amazed on what these jeeps can do even in stock form. You will never learn if you dont do. Just dont get to crazy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts