Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum and I just purchased my first wrangler last month. But I wanted to share what I've done. I made a hardrock look alike from a stock wrangler ($26,500). Loved the look of the Hardrock Jeeps but I just didn't want to spend the money. Instead I got hardrock takeoff wheels and added 1.5" wheel spacers to make it look beefier. Also, added 2" level kit. And painted bumper tow hooks. Total additional invested $1,500. I think it turned out really nice! Only other thing I'd like to add is a hardrock hood. Here is the before and after...

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've already got a few ideas lol. But I don't plan on doing anything with the rims and tires because I love the hardrock rims. Also, I don't want to go any bigger on tires because I only have the 3.21 gears. I had thought about initially doing big tires and a big lift but I really didn't want to spend the money to swap the gears.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I've already got a few ideas lol. But I don't plan on doing anything with the rims and tires because I love the hardrock rims. Also, I don't want to go any bigger on tires because I only have the 3.21 gears. I had thought about initially doing big tires and a big lift but I really didn't want to spend the money to swap the gears.
Keep telling yourself that, but, about a year from now it will be do I really need to regear, and 6 months later, I regeared and went 35's.

And then bumpers, winch, more tops, my wife/girlfriend left me, because I spent too much on the Jeep.

It's a GIANT HOLE THAT EATS MONEY!!!

Sorry, I'm thinking about regearing and going 35's, by the way. And your Jeep looks great.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keep telling yourself that, but, about a year from now it will be do I really need to regear, and 6 months later, I regeared and went 35's.

And then bumpers, winch, more tops, my wife/girlfriend left me, because I spent too much on the Jeep.

It's a GIANT HOLE THAT EATS MONEY!!!

Sorry, I'm thinking about regearing and going 35's, by the way. And your Jeep looks great.
Haha yeah I could see that. I'm always looking at new things for it everyday. Now I'm thinking about getting projector headlights with led rings. But I don't want to put out $800. Any ideas? A cheaper option I thought was to stay with stock lights but add oracle led rings? What do you think?

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Welcome and looking good!

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Very cool!

That does really look good! :thumb:

Looks like it's already lifted.

Did you know that the rear bumper can be used as a water tank? Holds something like 7 or 8 gallons. Not potable, but could be purified if needed. There is a kit available to add an electric pump as well. Fairly cheap.
If you take off the front bumper cover, it has kind of a rugged light weight mid length look to it. They also make a winch plate that with some mods can mount the winch down inside the stock bumper. There is a guy who did a really clean job of trimming the bumper cover, and recessing the winch. It looks awesome.
Or a straight bolt on winch plate that can be mounted on top. That would be a pretty cool way to go with a Warn 8274 winch.
They also have stubby end caps for the stock bumper cover, that look pretty sweet.

If you aren't planning to get into any serious rock crawling, the HR rock rails will come up on here, and craigslist every now and then pretty cheap.

So many things to do. Have fun! :drinks:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for the suggestions. I'm seriously thinking of buying the caps.

That does really look good!

Looks like it's already lifted.

Did you know that the rear bumper can be used as a water tank? Holds something like 7 or 8 gallons. Not potable, but could be purified if needed. There is a kit available to add an electric pump as well. Fairly cheap.
If you take off the front bumper cover, it has kind of a rugged light weight mid length look to it. They also make a winch plate that with some mods can mount the winch down inside the stock bumper. There is a guy who did a really clean job of trimming the bumper cover, and recessing the winch. It looks awesome.
Or a straight bolt on winch plate that can be mounted on top. That would be a pretty cool way to go with a Warn 8274 winch.
They also have stubby end caps for the stock bumper cover, that look pretty sweet.

If you aren't planning to get into any serious rock crawling, the HR rock rails will come up on here, and craigslist every now and then pretty cheap.

So many things to do. Have fun!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I bought them lol

But I bought them through...
farmerjohnsonoffroad.com
Under the group buy.
$270 shipped to the door with h13 harnesses prewired

Looking good! And great way to save money! As for your Headlights I went with trucklite knock offs for $350 for two. I love em but if I were to do it again I'd get these..

http://4x4lighting.com/LED-Headlight-NS-HL7-75.html

great price and look sick!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I know but I'm not worried about everything else. Its mostly a daily driver with a little off-road so I have no need for everything else. I just thought it was a cheap way to make it look nice.

As long as you understand that you only changed the outside appearance. There is a great deal more you get for the difference with the hardrock than just looks?

·
Registered
649 Posts
So I bought them lol

But I bought them through...
farmerjohnsonoffroad.com
Under the group buy.
$270 shipped to the door with h13 harnesses prewired
Awesome man! I could be wrong, but I think youll need the anti flicker harness. i did for mine. theyre like $30 off ebay?
Upload pics when you get them! and how you like em! super jealous!

also i found trucklite foglight knockoff's off ebay for $95 for both. i'll let you know how they are when i get them! :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah I know but I'm not worried about everything else. Its mostly a daily driver with a little off-road so I have no need for everything else. I just thought it was a cheap way to make it look nice.

Trust me I fully understand and was not knocking you. Simply pointing out the cost of the Hard Rock has a great deal more to it. Mine may never see the off road, I live in a huge metro area however and it does jump curbs, cross medians and is asked to go where ever you can imagine to avoid stupid drivers and the messes they make. :) The only time it has even seen a gravel road is when I go to a private range I'm a member of.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts