Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our jeep was stolen from the LA Fitness at Preston and 635 in Dallas at 6:16 pm on Tues 3/3. Collins Bros says it is worth more whole than in parts so to keep a look out. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help us! We are heart broken it is gone and afraid insurance is really going to screw us! Full, very suspicious, story at the bottom of the post.

Details:

'88 YJ Jeep Wrangler with only about 36,000 miles! (DB6P907
VIN: 2BCCV81K4JB511855)

Black, 6 cylinder, 4-WD, Standard transmission

Three stripe grey sticker package across the hood and around the sides and WRANGLER written on both sides of the hood.

Black Pro Comp bumper on the front and a black Smittybilt SRC Classic Rear Bumper w/tire carrier & hitch on the back.

1/2 doors. Soft grey, removable top. Grey interior.

15/10" Polished Pro Comp wheels and 31" tires

Rough Country 4" suspension lift

The picture attached shows damage on the drivers side door but the whole door was replaced, panel was pounded out and repainted to look brand new. It is just the most recent picture I have.

It had white vinyl lettering on the windshield "SHAGLY.COM". I imagine they would have removed this but you never know how dumb some criminals are!

Offering a $1000 reward: $500 cash from owner and $500 credit to Collins Bros

I parked at the gym at about 6:05 and at 6:12 a Jeep Grand Cherokee pulled in backyards so their driver side was at my drivers side. The camera angle showed only the passenger side of my Jeep. 4 minutes after he parks, 6:16, our Jeep pulls out and drives off. My jeep was blocking the view of their door but no one ever walks from that car to the gym or anywhere else for that matter! This Cherokee is still parked there and it is two days later. License plate number of the Cherokee is BDG5450. Since you cannot see anyone approach our Jeep on the surveillance camera and even if it did it would have been from too far up to identify anyone the police are not going to pursue the situation.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Since you cannot see anyone approach our Jeep on the surveillance camera and even if it did it would have been from too far up to identify anyone the police are not going to pursue the situation.
Police aren't going to investigate a stolen vehicle because the thief didn't mug for a security camera?

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Did you ask the police to check the Cherokee to see if it was stolen also. And if they can drive by the address that belongs to the plate and look for ypur jeep. Maybe hire a P.I. that can run those checks.

·
Supporting Member
2,839 Posts
I copied your post and sent it to a few friends in the DFW area ( they run Texas imports today ) so you should have quite a few eyes out a few of them own jeeps.

If I was you I would check all the local wheeling spots. Post info at 4wheel parts in the DFW Area. And post on lone star jeep club

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Our jeep was stolen from the LA Fitness at Preston and 635 in Dallas at 6:16 pm on Tues 3/3. Collins Bros says it is worth more whole than in parts so to keep a look out. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help us! We are heart broken it is gone and afraid insurance is really going to screw us! Full, very suspicious, story at the bottom of the post.

Details:

'88 YJ Jeep Wrangler with only about 36,000 miles! (DB6P907
VIN: 2BCCV81K4JB511855)

Black, 6 cylinder, 4-WD, Standard transmission

Three stripe grey sticker package across the hood and around the sides and WRANGLER written on both sides of the hood.

Black Pro Comp bumper on the front and a black Smittybilt SRC Classic Rear Bumper w/tire carrier & hitch on the back.

1/2 doors. Soft grey, removable top. Grey interior.

15/10" Polished Pro Comp wheels and 31" tires

Rough Country 4" suspension lift

The picture attached shows damage on the drivers side door but the whole door was replaced, panel was pounded out and repainted to look brand new. It is just the most recent picture I have.

It had white vinyl lettering on the windshield "SHAGLY.COM". I imagine they would have removed this but you never know how dumb some criminals are!

Offering a $1000 reward: $500 cash from owner and $500 credit to Collins Bros

I parked at the gym at about 6:05 and at 6:12 a Jeep Grand Cherokee pulled in backyards so their driver side was at my drivers side. The camera angle showed only the passenger side of my Jeep. 4 minutes after he parks, 6:16, our Jeep pulls out and drives off. My jeep was blocking the view of their door but no one ever walks from that car to the gym or anywhere else for that matter! This Cherokee is still parked there and it is two days later. License plate number of the Cherokee is BDG5450. Since you cannot see anyone approach our Jeep on the surveillance camera and even if it did it would have been from too far up to identify anyone the police are not going to pursue the situation.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
sad to say Dallas pd did nothing when my car was stolen. until month later it was involved in a person gettin ran over.then they came and harassed me like I did it

·
Registered
836 Posts
i will keep a look out in my area ive never seen one like it before so if i happen to see one like it i will report it to authorities. im pretty far away but hey u never know.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I figured Texas when I read the title of the post. I'm sorry to hear of your loss and I hope that you find it intact.
I'm in Houston, work here. I'll keep a look out..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts