Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All those running aftermarket 1/2 doors beware of the Low Life Thief.

Had my Body Armor trail doors stolen off my JKU on Sunday. Took the dog to Plum Beach in Brooklyn, NY and parked in the Emmons Avenue lot only to return to find my doors stolen.

I have been running these for two years and I never bolted them. I wonder if they would still be there if I had attached the bolts?

If anyone notices a set of these on ebay or craigslist please post the link...they may be mine.

FU thieves !!

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Jesus you parked in Brooklyn what did you think was gonna happen!?

That really sucks though. I'd be fuming!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I hate thieves!
Oddly, this is why I ended up choosing the Rugged Ridge doors...they lock.
We do keep our bolts on ours though also. I use a power driver which screws the bolt ends on in about 1.5 secs.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Do they have locks on them? I have Bestop trail doors. My wife goofs on me because I lock them with the Jeep wide open. The latch locks do a decent job of keeping the doors safe from a casual thief, at least.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOLPET - I live in brooklyn. 99% of people are fantastic. It's the 1% that suck.

TOK - Body Armor doors do not lock, only latch.

They took the doors but left the center console and glove box untouched.

I guess its all part of the Jeep experience.........good with the bad

·
Registered
467 Posts
That sucks. I have the same doors and have never bolted them to the hinge.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
That is crazy... im sorry to hear about that. i figured the thieves were all in the import scene. never expected to hear about this with jeeps.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
That is crazy... im sorry to hear about that. i figured the thieves were all in the import scene. never expected to hear about this with jeeps.
You must be new here..

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Not just aftermarket I had all 4 OEM doors with uppers stolen. Here it is a year later and insurance is finally getting it worked out.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Not just aftermarket I had all 4 OEM doors with uppers stolen. Here it is a year later and insurance is finally getting it worked out.
Was that with the hinge screws in place or left out?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Hinge screws was in they took them to. Jeep was 2 month old I had yet to have taken the doors off as that is why I wanted half doors.

I take it to the shop tomorrow to get the ball rolling on getting new 1/2 doors.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I'd go to Fastenal or maybe a machine shop and have some security toryx screws made instead. Most theives won't have that particular tool on them when driving around looking for doors to steal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts