Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of utilizing the area under the rear seat for storage by hanging cargo netting and attaching it with Velcro. Tried "search" but turned up nothing, has this been done, is there a better option?

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I've not heard of anyone trying this idea. I'm going to fill the area under my back seat with my sub box as soon as we get it built. :D

Sounds cool! Make sure you post pictures if you try it! :)

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
I've not heard of anyone trying this idea. I'm going to fill the area under my back seat with my sub box as soon as we get it built. :D

Sounds cool! Make sure you post pictures if you try it! :)
Hey! I've built a few of those! Boom Boom Boom We likey Da' Boom Boom....:)
Have you checked out the "Subwoofer Mod" "Tweeter Mod" and "Sound Bar Speaker Mod" Threads?

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
Thinking of utilizing the area under the rear seat for storage by hanging cargo netting and attaching it with Velcro. Tried "search" but turned up nothing, has this been done, is there a better option?

Great storage place just make sure whatever you do is removeable/temporary. (otherwise as stated) you will No Likey when you "Need" to put your seats down. :mad:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Are we talking 2-door or 4-door, here?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
4-door. Velcro and cargo netting "should" allow for seats to fold down, course with my luck the Velcro would permanently hold the seats down!

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Hey! I've built a few of those! Boom Boom Boom We likey Da' Boom Boom....:)
Have you checked out the "Subwoofer Mod" "Tweeter Mod" and "Sound Bar Speaker Mod" Threads?
Thanks, Rubi! :)

The tweeter mod came out right around the same time I got new speakers all the way around, so that negated that. I've added the polyfill at the same time I upgraded all my speakers, if that's what you meant by the Sound Bar Speaker mod. I was too cheap to get the sub from the factory, hence the box under my back seat. :D

Any suggestions for a good place to find the volume dimensions for building my box? I can't wait to get it done! Celticon needs to pump up his battle drums and Momma likey da' boom boom! :rofl2:

4-door. Velcro and cargo netting "should" allow for seats to fold down, course with my luck the Velcro would permanently hold the seats down!
:funnypost:

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
Thanks, Rubi! :)

The tweeter mod came out right around the same time I got new speakers all the way around, so that negated that. I've added the polyfill at the same time I upgraded all my speakers, if that's what you meant by the Sound Bar Speaker mod. I was too cheap to get the sub from the factory, hence the box under my back seat. :D

Any suggestions for a good place to find the volume dimensions for building my box? I can't wait to get it done! Celticon needs to pump up his battle drums and Momma likey da' boom boom! :rofl2:

:funnypost:

If one of the ones I already built works for you (pics are in one of my threads) let me know but here is a link for internal volume calculation.

Speaker Enclosure Volume Calculator

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive...:D Bottom of the first link is the picture, the second link is JCDriller's explanation:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/jcdrillers-2014-hydroblue-jku-freedom-edition-631146-2.html#post10863961

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/jcdrillers-2014-hydroblue-jku-freedom-edition-631146-3.html#post14222033

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you, much better than my Velcro idea!
Can't wait to get to Jo-Ann fabrics (never ever thought I's say that)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts