Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so the back seat in the TJ as everyone knows has pretty much no leg room. Also, no one sits in the back of mine. I wanna take the seat out and figure out a good way to secure everything down so it's not rolling all around. I don't have a lot right now but I've got my little YETI 20 that goes every where with me and my tool bag, I'll probably end up upgrading to a bigger YETI this summer. But anyways, does anyone have any ideas for securing stuff down in the back?
Post your pictures and materials! :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
This is the plywood box I made for my LJ. Carries a bunch of stuff and if I want to tie more stuff down on top I can simply add tiedown rings. The top is flush with the wheelwells so I can load gear all the way across.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It may sound stupid. But I have a single subwoofer box that was built to fit width wise in front of the wheel wells behind my seat. Then, fitting almost perfectly is a black plastic "tool box" I got from Walmart for $20. It fits so snug, I couldn't believe it. I have multiple sets of tools, recovery items, fluids, parts, and survival stuff (food, blankets, water) all sitting in the back.

I couldn't be happier with the way it fits.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I built a box in substitution of the Tuffy cargo cover that I really want. Can't afford that almost 500 dollar price tag right now. I think my box might have cost me 30 bucks in materials. It's not as nice as the previously posted one, but it does the trick.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts