Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I keep mine in the compartment in the back cargo area

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Jeeps don't do nice.
Shove it in there on an angle and show off it's articulation.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I keep mine in the compartment in the back cargo area
That's where I kept mine but I got caught in the rain with the top off and it got soaked back there. Oh well...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Regarding the glove box..... right after I bought the rig, and we started driving it home for the five-hour trip back to Albuquerque from the Springs, I wanted to check something in the financial paperwork. I knew I'd put it in the glove box, but it didn't seem to be in there. We looked everywhere. We pulled over at the next rest stop, and tore apart the car looking for that paperwork. My buddy and I both thought we were losing our minds. Ultimately, we both knew that we had put it in the glove box. So, when you feel to the very back of the glove box, The edge of the drawer doesn't make a Tight Seal with any dash surfaces, such that there's a little bit of space over it where documents, or other things could slide. We tried to shove our heads in the glove box, to see through that fissure, but, even though we have small heads and small brains, they wouldn't quite fit. So we stuck a cell phone in there and put it on video mode, and sure enough we could see a tiny sliver of that paperwork laying back behind the glove box underneath the dash someplace. So at the next convenience store we bought a pair of tweezers, and were able to fish out the documents.
Be careful what you shove into this glove box. You never know if it might vanish on you. We can't be the only ones this has ever happened to.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
mine is under the seat. you'll have to angle it in to fit the glove box which takes up space.
Good idea. I hate how much room it takes up angled in the glove box.

Speaking of owners manuals, I was pretty disappointed in the manual's pouch that came with my 2017. Nowhere near the quality of the one that came with my 2007 JK X.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Regarding the glove box..... right after I bought the rig, and we started driving it home for the five-hour trip back to Albuquerque from the Springs, I wanted to check something in the financial paperwork. I knew I'd put it in the glove box, but it didn't seem to be in there. We looked everywhere. We pulled over at the next rest stop, and tore apart the car looking for that paperwork. My buddy and I both thought we were losing our minds. Ultimately, we both knew that we had put it in the glove box. So, when you feel to the very back of the glove box, The edge of the drawer doesn't make a Tight Seal with any dash surfaces, such that there's a little bit of space over it where documents, or other things could slide. We tried to shove our heads in the glove box, to see through that fissure, but, even though we have small heads and small brains, they wouldn't quite fit. So we stuck a cell phone in there and put it on video mode, and sure enough we could see a tiny sliver of that paperwork laying back behind the glove box underneath the dash someplace. So at the next convenience store we bought a pair of tweezers, and were able to fish out the documents.
Be careful what you shove into this glove box. You never know if it might vanish on you. We can't be the only ones this has ever happened to.

One day I opened my glove box and I had a bunch of envelopes and papers sitting on top of all my documents addressed to someone in Canada. I thought somebody was playing a really weird prank on me or they were trying to frame me for something (paranoia kicked in). Had a hard time sleeping because it was so strange. I went back out and fished around a bit and discovered the same strange black hole back there. They must have made their way back into the glovebox from having no top and doors on. No body is out to get me thank god!

As for owners manual, newer JKs must have smaller glove boxes. Mine fits perfectly.

·
Registered
877 Posts

It's really easy to remove the glove box. Need to remove it to change or install the cabin filter. I first removed mine to install a Cobra 75 CB.

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
My TJ glove box is larger than the one in my JKU, the TJ center console storage is much larger than the JK. Who knows we may be challenged to be able to fit a pair of gloves in the JL gove box.

·
Registered
81 Posts
One day I opened my glove box and I had a bunch of envelopes and papers sitting on top of all my documents addressed to someone in Canada. I thought somebody was playing a really weird prank on me or they were trying to frame me for something (paranoia kicked in). Had a hard time sleeping because it was so strange. I went back out and fished around a bit and discovered the same strange black hole back there. They must have made their way back into the glovebox from having no top and doors on. No body is out to get me thank god!

As for owners manual, newer JKs must have smaller glove boxes. Mine fits perfectly.
Wow! Now I know I'm not going crazy.
I got my Jeep back last Saturday from dealer doing 5 recalls including passenger air bag.
I opened glove box to put some stuff back in there and all of these documents and papers with previous owners name and social numbers and dealer papers fell out. I talking a bunch of papers.
Been questioning my sanity but now I know and will watch for secret compartment.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Download the PDF owners manual to your phone. Much easier and faster to find what your looking for.
^This.

I don't know about everyone else, but my glove box space is premium storage space. I keep more useful things in there like fuses, tire deflaters, maintenance receipts, etc. I pulled the owners manual out and put the electronic PDF version on my phone and I'm no longer constantly moving that owners manual out of my way to get to the things I use more often. I've actually been meaning to take all my maintenance receipts and start scanning those into my phone to free up some more space. I've been trying to go to a paperless life.

Go here to get your owner's manual
https://www.mopar.com/jeep/en-us/care/owners-manual.html

Jeep even has an iphone/Android app which gives you your owners manual, build info, Recall notifications and other maintenance stuff.

Jeep Vehicle Info Android App:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jeep.companion

·
Registered
475 Posts
Glove box removal procedure:
1) Open GB
2) Pinch the two sides together at top, and rotate down.
3) Remove GB from dash.

Glove box install procedure
1) Insert tabs at bottom of GB into their slots on the lower dash.
2) While rotating GB up, pinch the same two sides togther as in step 2 of the removal procedure.
3) Close GB.

Why these things have locks is beyond me. As for the owner's manual, when I need info, I keep a copy on my ipad.

·
Registered
373 Posts
^This. I don't know about everyone else, but my glove box space is premium storage space. I keep more useful things in there like fuses, tire deflaters, maintenance receipts, etc. I pulled the owners manual out and put the electronic PDF version on my phone and I'm no longer constantly moving that owners manual out of my way to get to the things I use more often. I've actually been meaning to take all my maintenance receipts and start scanning those into my phone to free up some more space. I've been trying to go to a paperless life. Go here to get your owner's manual https://www.mopar.com/jeep/en-us/care/owners-manual.html Jeep even has an iphone/Android app which gives you your owners manual, build info, Recall notifications and other maintenance stuff. Jeep Vehicle Info Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jeep.companion
When I got my new 12 JKR I downloaded the owners manual to my Windows PC and can look at it anytime. When I download it to my iPhone or iPad I can read it but it does not get saved on either one.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I downloaded it to my phone, but I have been in too many situations where whatever device I have on me is low on battery. I figure if I need the manual on the road that it's an emergency. And in an emergency I may not have extra power.

So I keep the physical manual in my recovery bag.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts