Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys/girls I know this question has arised numerous times and I've searched numerous threads I just need a straight forward answer please if you guys can help. I own a 1989 yj 4.2 with the dreaded carter carb. Looking to upgrade to a weber carb. What all am I going to need to complete the job other than the carb? It is a daily driver. I've rebuilt the carb twice and would rather retire the original carter rather than replace it with a new carter and hopefully have better idle. Only reason I posted here is because you cj guys/girls are the carter carb pros!! Lol Thank you for any help!

·
Registered
667 Posts
I run a weber on my 86 CJ7. I also run a fuel pressure regulater, weber says to run it at 2.5 on road and 1.5 offroad.

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
I second what RubiconRich says in regards to the Weber set up. I ran the Weber on my 89 YJ when I had the 4.2 in it and I never could seem to get it running like I wanted. It had a lot of hard miles on it so it could have been the motor was the problem more than the carb. I also ran a Motorcraft 2150 on a 84 CJ 4.2 for a while and it was easy to tune and rebuilt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thank you guys I'll check into both carbs ( motorcraft and weber) something has to give or else.. I might have to drive the 92 fox body lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts