Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lol, the exhaust fell off of my TJ today, so we had to bust out the sawzall to get it out from being pinched between he axle and the floor of the jeep because it was just sparking as I dragged it into the shopping center parking lot so I could get off the road.

So, for anyone who ever wondered what a straight piped 4.0L jeep sounds like...here you go:

https://youtu.be/MpQGFw9FeBI

It actually sounds pretty damn good! I would legitimately consider leaving it this way if I wasn't worried about drawing attention to myself on trails around here....

·
Registered
189 Posts
Not as sinister sounding as my 88 with the 4.2 no cat and dumped right behind the belly pan maybe just the video though. I will admit I do LOVE the sound of mine when it's in time (keeps slipping time)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not as sinister sounding as my 88 with the 4.2 no cat and dumped right behind the belly pan maybe just the video though. I will admit I do LOVE the sound of mine when it's in time (keeps slipping time)
hahaha...ya I could imagine that sounding pretty hairy. I have to admit, it actually sounded better than my stock chopped off muffler LS1 when I had to chop the muffler off to get home from the US haha (half fell apart when I was down seeing my cousin...actually used a hockey stick to beat it off- ya, I'm Canadian!:beerdrinking:).

If I didn't wheel in the bush (and try to do so around the city) I would consider just dumping the exhaust right out the front fenders

1 - 3 of 3 Posts