Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 wrangler I'm thinkin about straight piping. Did it to a v8 and loved it I'm just nervous that the 6 will be too raspy. Any thoughts??

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
A V6 will never sound like a V8 no matter what you do to it. Let alone the I6 (what we have). Lots of guys a get a bit nicer tone out of Banks exhaust systems or Flowmaster/Thrush mufflers.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I built my own 2.5 inch cat back exhaust useing a magnaflow muffler. Love the sound and not a lot of interior noise with it.

IMHO I don't care for the straight pipe sound. To me it sounds cheep and redneckish.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
i wouldnt. straight pipes are for 8's imo. ps unless u did an engine swap u dont have a v6 you have an I6

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
On my old jeep my zj I had the 4.0 and I didn't have true "straight" pipes but there's was 0 restriction besides all the bends on the pipe. I had a glass pack and a gutted cat and it sounded awesome. Loved it. On my tj I have stock exhaust because I hated the sound of flowmaster on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts