Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my '07 rubicon in for an alignment and to have them straighten the steering wheel as it was turned slightly to the left, well he over adjusted it and now it is way right. I noticed he was loosening 4 bolts on some horizontal bar then turning the bar. I could not get a real good look at exactly what he has doing. Is there any more to it than loosening 4 bolts and turning something? Details would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
611 Posts
Take it back and demand that he fixes what you paid him to fix!!
Would you pay me to change your brakes and instead of new pads and rotors I put on a set that is worn out more then the set you drove in on?!?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take it back and demand that he fixes what you paid him to fix!!
Would you pay me to change your brakes and instead of new pads and rotors I put on a set that is worn out more then the set you drove in on?!?
Nah, I'm the kind of guy that will just do it myself, make it right, then just simply never go back to the place that did it wrong.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I don't know what that article says, but if it's not mentioned...get a friend, girlfriend, boyfriend, homeless man...to sit inside and tell you when the wheel is centered while you adjust the drag. be patient and do it right. the ESP goes off speed vs. steering wheel position, and if it's not spot on it activates when it shouldn't

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nah, I'm the kind of guy that will just do it myself, make it right, then just simply never go back to the place that did it wrong.
Same here, if they screw it ujp the first time, they might even screw it up worse the second time because they are not getting paid to do it over.

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
Yep...I dont offer return business to places that jack things up
The only exception to this rule is warranty. They got my first 08 Unlimited back so many times, they put a new one in my hands after 8 months and a Rubicon to boot! (but I had to pay for the upgrade).;)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to all the information provided I was able to straighten the wheel out today. Unfortunately no one else was around, so it was a lot of crawling under the Jeep and getting up to look for my self. It really only took me two times and two test drives until I got it!

Thanks again for sharing all the knowledge

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
"straightening my steering wheel" don't do it, its supposed to be round.

sorry. :D

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
^^ comedians are one of the things that make my day special. Sometimes good to put a sidewinder comment like that in. It got me chuckling. Thanks for the laugh.:rofl::rofl:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts