Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 yj,4inch lift,33x1250s,4 banger.Tonight I took the kids for some ice cream and started to hear a loud clunk coming from the rear drivers side, gets faster as you drive faster,thought I had a flat at first but tires look great. At one point it seem to go from a clunk to a ticking sound.Any ideas on what to check would be greatly appreciated.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
U-joints would be the first thing I would check. Any problems hitting the breaks? Does it do it constantly or just on bumps in the road?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems to be a rotating noise,it does it while driving and when you let off.It sounds like something is loose or broke maybe,I will wait for daylight and check the u joint.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
Yeah - check it out in the day, but my guess might be u-joint. Had one that burnt up in my XJ and made similar noises. When's the last time you greased them?

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
How long did it sit on the flat? It sounds to me that your tire just needs warmed up real good. Have you driven it long enough or the tires to warm up good?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts