Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2.0
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Desperately need some expert opinions,
I have this metallic Jingly noise coming from my 2004 4.0L TJ,
Which i know is difficult to diagnose with out hearing it,
But I'm hoping you knowledgeable guys may be able to offer some suggestions.
It actually started a couple of years ago but only does it in the winter when the weather is really cold, its never made the noise in the summer months.
In this time ive had 2 full services and nothing has been said about a wheel bearings or anything.
I've ran the engine stationary from cold and reved it up and no noise at all,
It only makes the noise when its very cold outside and I'm driving above 5-10mph, once I've driven for a while and everything has got hot it stops.
From cold I've got up to about 25mph with the noise jingling away and took it out of gear and switched the engine off and its still jingling as I've coasted for 200 meters,
It makes the jingly noise on the straight or turning and sounds just the same at any speed.
It sounds like its coming from the front end of my Jeep,
Please can any one offer any advice or any ideas were this noise may be coming from.

Registered
Do you have a hard top on in the winter and soft top in the summer? Could have something to do with how the top is sitting on the body. Just a thought

Registered
Mine does almost the same thing. It does it when it's cold and it's coming from up front. I took everything out of my Jeep to see if something was rattling together and it still does it. Mine does it at highway speed and not going slow. I do have a hard top, but that is not where the noise is coming from.

Registered
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2.0
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a hardtop on permanently,
But the noise is coming from outside,
Trying to talk the wife into clinging on to the rock sliders while i drive down the road so she can listen underneath,
but she's not being very helpful .

Registered
Check your fanbelt/drive belt had "v" belts jingle before not sure if multi rib belts would do this also check shocks are secured & last but not least make sure the swaybar mounts are all tight & there are no broken mount rubbers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts