Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright Jeepers, im new to the wheeling world. and i went out sunday with sum friends wheeling, and after a fun day of wheeling. i noticed a noise. figured it would go away. well was i wrong. kinda narrowed it to the pulleys maybe the fan?? can anyone help out??
i linked a video, thanks

https://youtu.be/CQmO7FyLawE

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Sounds like an idler pulley, or possibly the PS pump. Mudding may be fun, but it's tough on equipment.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Climb under the jeep and look for a stick, or other debris, rubbing against the belt.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i checked underneath no kind of debris, checked the power steering fluids. still had some.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
My idler pulley sounded like that when it went bad and the pitch of the noise would get higher as you increase RPMs. The idler pulley is like $20 if I remember correctly and is very easy to swap out.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My idler pulley sounded like that when it went bad and the pitch of the noise would get higher as you increase RPMs. The idler pulley is like $20 if I remember correctly and is very easy to swap out.
i wouldnt feel comfortable making an attempt to swap out myself, to tight for my comfort. if you dont mind me asking. where did you purchase yours from? autozone? or 4wp? luckily my jeep isnt my only vehicle so it will be parked until i get it serviced this weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts