Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • I have taken her in for this noise and no one seems to know where it's coming from or better yet they say they don't hear it. This noise literally started when I was driving home one night. The next day I brought her in and it was discovered that my front drive shaft was broken. Well that got fix but the noise was still there. Took her to a very reputable jeep mechanic that does a ton of transmission repairs and gears....well he replaced my front end as follows.... Right hub assembly, right and left ball joints, inner tie rod, inner and outer drag link. I got it back and by the time I got home the noise was back. I took her back and they disconnected my drive shaft. I ended up hearing it after they said they heard nothing. I drove with the mechanic and he then he all of a sudden heard it. We took her back and he checked under and notice a bolt loose on the exhaust clamp near the front. He tightened that and then noticed my front fender was loose and jammed a rag between the fender and my high lift jack. That stopped the noise and he reconnected my driveshaft and I was on my way again. Later my husband and I put in the thin fenders and removed the inner fenders. A week later my transmission oil gasket started to leak. I brought her back and they fixed it but the noise had gradually came back. They swear up and down it's my tires and even put new stock tires to prove their point. So the stock tires did lessen the noise dramatically but when I went over a rough paved road I heard the noise but not very much. I had them put back my original tires because I can't afford new ones yet. The ride home was not bad and the noise was barely there but now gradually it's coming back. This only happens at low speeds around 20 to 25 mph accelerating stopping or coasting and it is very intermittent right now. Mechanic says there is absolutely nothing mechanically wrong with my Jeep and that he would drive it to Moab ( I am in Florida) right now and feel confident in it. I am still not convinced and was told bring her in if she is leaking or my check engine light comes on. Oh and by the way all my brake pads are good and I replaced the front two within the last month or so. Included in this post is a video and you can hear it around the 19 second mark and that's me entering my neighborhood. My Jeep is a 2012 jku with a 2.5 lift and 35s for tires.b

1 - 1 of 1 Posts