Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey My new jeep that I bought didn't come with any straps for like the the windows or the windsheild it would be really nice if I could get the set but the problem is that I don't know were I can find them. And when I looked online I didn't know what catagory it would be under or what they would be called.I want to get the set. Please help!

·
Registered
858 Posts
uh, what?

if you mean the various straps that are used to hold stuff down like the back seat when it's folded, or the sunrider top, or when you have the windshield down and strap it to the footman loop on the hood, i'm sure you can get those easily at the dealership.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
best bet would be the dealer. If you do some searching around, they might have them at Jeepsareus.com

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I would be disapointed in myself if I used bungy cord.

Ill go to a dealer and see whats up!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I used a bungee cord wrapped around a few times with no problem, and I definitely bounced the jeep around enough to make sure.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Ive been to three different dealers, more than once for this. They have all admitted to getting them once, and couldnt remember how.

One dealer spent hours on the phone with mopar, and got nowhere.

Good luck, but either taking them out of another jeep on the lot (which I cant do) or using bungies are your only options unless you got a real goo dealer.

If anyone ever finds them, i will pay 20 bucks for the part number.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Well, I think I linked to the wrong pic...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think I was looking at those in the new Quadratrac catalog check their web site

·
Registered
380 Posts
Jeep look funny with the front windshield down why do? and it sounds like a pain in a$$ IMO

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
Jeep look funny with the front windshield down why do? and it sounds like a pain in a$$ IMO
Because it's easier/cheaper to repaint the rollcage when you lean it against a tree/rock than the windshield frame. It also cuts down on the dust and bugs collecting behind the windshield because there is no vacuum created like there is with the windshield up. And it is really easy once you have a proper cage!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Because it's easier/cheaper to repaint the rollcage when you lean it against a tree/rock than the windshield frame. It also cuts down on the dust and bugs collecting behind the windshield because there is no vacuum created like there is with the windshield up. And it is really easy once you have a proper cage!

X2

+It doesn't look that bad with a full cage.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
yes it looks funny.

in my opinion only old willys look good with the windshield down because of the missing roll-cage.
TJs look the same as a CJ/Yj with the windows down. Its just more bolts, thats all. 2 to take the windshield hinge bolts, 2 to remove roll bar from windshield per side, and 2 to take the front driver/pass sport bars off the cage per side. 6 bolts instead of 2, but no more roll cage up front, and no more windshield...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Here's what I've done. A friend gave me his Hi-lift 4xrak (standard bolt to rear bumper) as a complete package. In that package is a velcro strap to hold the jack's handle. Everyone I know uses one of those rubber isolators, so if you need just the one for the windshield it's a perfect fit, it's how I strap mine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts