Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've had my '93 for close to 4-5 months now. It has been towed behind RV, taken to the beach, and been a daily driver to and from work across town. All these little tidbits have been great and all don't get me wrong, but I felt like something wasn't right.

Well the other weekend I figured out what it was. I hadn't taken this thing into it natural habitat yet!

One of my hunting buddies and I went on a quick scouting day trip up in the mountains and it was the first I was able to put the jeep in 4wd and actually use it for what it was built for. I was very happy with its performance!

I've owned midsize and full size 4wd trucks before and done a little bit of amateur trails, but this trip was great because my buddy and I were going up trails in 4low, navigating tight spots, and venturing off the beaten track that I would never have dreamed of in a standard 4wd truck.

Granted, we didn't make it up to the mountains in record time. It was cold in the morning with the hard top off and blazing hot in the late afternoon by the time we came home. Yeah, we had dust everywhere. But we had a blast doing it and I can't wait for more fun of that type.

For this bad boy being pretty stock, save for a small lift and 33's, I was extremely happy with how it handled itself.

Here's to new adventures 馃嵒

Attachments

Registered
I kicked some dust up with mine for the first time last weekend. Not anything too complicated, and not for very long at all. Hopefully that will change this deer season. I'm probably going to get a lot more serious about being off road chasing whitetails this Fall...

ETA: I did find out that different gears would benefit me greatly (I'm running a small lift and 33s as well, with the stock 3.07 gears). At the speeds I needed to travel, 1st was no good, and 2nd lugged down a lot. I only need 4-lo sometimes out there especially for the Jeep, so that doesn't really help. I guess I could get a manual disconnect for the front axle and run in lo range 2WD. Like OP, actually taking it off-road changes the course of planned modifications slightly...

Registered
Yes, Yes, the off road is what it is built for and the most fun. For the streets, drive a car. For the off road trails, Jeep is the only way to go!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts