Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have and or had a 4.6 stroker? Any advice, input and concerns? One builder better or worse than another?
:beerme:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am thinking about buying the Titan kit. they give you a block ahead and all the parts to finish the engine yourself. you paint it putting oil pan on it and a valve cover and all your plumbing. just seeing if it's worth it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Be cautious purchasing from Titan. Read the forums on www.jeepstrokers.com before purchasing and look at reviews. If you do purchase their kit, make sure to ask for a breakdown of all part numbers you are supposed to receive and verify them the minute you get them. Also ask for a build sheet on the block, you will want to know the deck height, if the block was line bored etc. They also use Engine tech engine gaskets and components, not hastings or victor.

I purchased the kit from them and it took almost 3 months to get all the right parts (incorrect rings, bad machining on timing chain, never sent the lifters), plus re-machining the block locally as the hone on the cylinders was bad, the connecting rod bolts were loose and I had to replace them (wasn’t taking the chance).

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Does any other company give you all parts to build not just a built block?
yes. you can put parts together from Summit Racing, Hesco, 505 Performance and a few others. Basically you need to do your homework on what parts you will need, and you may not know until you get the block & heads inspected & cleaned by your machine shop. You may also need to have custom pistons made, depending on your ultimate plans. That's why you do your reading & homework on jeepstrokers.com, get a rough parts list and talk it over with a competent machine shop that knows Jeep stroker motors well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts