Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently running Adam's drive shafts with my 3.5" lift and have full skids.

Building a new Jeep soon and don't want to have to drop the skids every 5,000 miles to lubricate the driveshafts if I can avoid it.

Are there any strong after market driveshafts that don't require maintenance or is that a unicorn?

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Get one with sealed U Joints.

Oliver's Driveline makes one. I'm sure Adams and Tom Woods will too if you specify it.

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would a flexible hose on the grease gun work? I can access all my front driveshaft with the engine/transmission and transfer case skids in place.
You have to drop and flex the shaft to access the fitting on the transfer case side for the Adams at least. The Diff side is easily accessible.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
my adams has sealed joints but its the giant ball bearing (dont know the proper name) you have to pull the shaft to lube in the cardigan joint with a needle....i think spicer makes one thats all sealed....

·
Super Moderator
23,430 Posts
Dana spicer has a really nice one and has sealed center ball. The ujoints are easy to get at.

Reactions: JeepR kReapR

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
Dana spicer has a really nice one and has sealed center ball. The ujoints are easy to get at.

+1. Big zerk fittings all inline. Super easy to grease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Stronger driveshaft that doesn’t require lubrication?

My wife keeps asking about the same thing...

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Oliver's is now using the Spicer Double Cardan with Spicer sealed U Joints.

They just replaced my original D/S that I bought from them about a year ago. Then, they were using Nepco Double Cardans (like Adams) and Spicer greasable U Joints. The Spicers came down in price, Nepco had a batch of bad joints that failed prematurely. Oliver's covered mine under warranty and replaced it with a new production shaft.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the Spicer sealed U Joints. I've been dropping the drive shaft to grease the centering ball. I recently heard that you can get to it with a 90 degree angled grease gun tip without the need of dropping it.

I just purchased the one below and plan on giving it a try. I hope it's less work than taking it out... we'll see.

https://www.mcmaster.com/2906k93

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
I just want a CAD or locking hubs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts