Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90 wrangler, 6cylinder, 4.2. A friend put in a fuel tank & sending unit in March and my jeep ran well for a month then slowely began cutting out and stalling. My carb looks fine and I put a fuel pump in but cannot get fuel to the pump. I blew air to and from the tank and can't figure it out. When he put the tank in he omitted the return hose, am wondering if this was part of the problem. Next move is to drop the tank. Looking for any insight as to why it got intermitten fuel to the last pump but absolutely nothing now.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have a 90 wrangler, 6cylinder, 4.2. A friend put in a fuel tank & sending unit in March and my jeep ran well for a month then slowely began cutting out and stalling. My carb looks fine and I put a fuel pump in but cannot get fuel to the pump. I blew air to and from the tank and can't figure it out. When he put the tank in he omitted the return hose, am wondering if this was part of the problem. Next move is to drop the tank. Looking for any insight as to why it got intermitten fuel to the last pump but absolutely nothing now.
Just a thought, but I recommend you start by posting this in the YJ section.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts