Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have been on the forum a while, and never introduced myself. My name is Cody, I live in North Georgia. My jeep is a 2002 Apex edition. I got really lucky with it. Bought it with a bad piston skirt and me and my little brother put in a crate motor. I have about half of what it's worth in it. This is my second Jeep and I love this thing. I am also looking for some trails too. Georgia jeepers feel free to chime in. You all have helped me many times and I have tried to return the favor. The latest thing is I am looking for a new bumper, price is a concern of course. I like this OR-fab bumper, but I think there might be others I like more. So show off your bumper! Let's see some pictures! I also really like Poison Spyder, but they are expensive and they more reasonably priced options don't have D-rings mounts. I prefer for the bumper to have a built in winch mount also. Happy Friday!

·
Registered
454 Posts
This is not my Jeep and hopefully the guy who owns it doesn't get mad at me for using his Jeep but man I love the look of the front end with the metalcloaks and this stubby bumper. It is a Barnes stubby bumper:

image-1875779844.jpg

·
Registered
454 Posts
You're welcome! It's my personal favorite and when I end up getting a new bumper that's the one I'm getting.

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
Shopping for a "winch ready" is the way to go, IMO.
With the average price of a winch plate over $100, you are saving that money off the price of your bumper. Plus, you are saving some weight without the need for a heavy steel plate for the winch.
There are USA companies that will build a bumper how you want it. With or without winch guards, grill guards, stingers, etc. Prices vary, and you have to wait a little longer than the cheapos, but it's worth it.
JCR, KD Fabworks are just a couple. Savvy if you want aluminium.
I ordered my JCR stubby on a Black Friday sale a few years ago. I had them add a pre-runner bar.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shopping for a "winch ready" is the way to go, IMO. With the average price of a winch plate over $100, you are saving that money off the price of your bumper. Plus, you are saving some weight without the need for a heavy steel plate for the winch. There are USA companies that will build a bumper how you want it. With or without winch guards, grill guards, stingers, etc. Prices vary, and you have to wait a little longer than the cheapos, but it's worth it. JCR, KD Fabworks are just a couple. Savvy if you want aluminium. I ordered my JCR stubby on a Black Friday sale a few years ago. I had them add a pre-runner bar. http://s273.photobucket.com/user/pinkeye_photos/media/Jeep 2/20141229_145218_zpscccec57a.jpg.html http://s273.photobucket.com/user/pinkeye_photos/media/Jeep 2/20150210_101458_zpsc67233b8.jpg.html
Yeah, I completely agree much cleaner look also. I am really looking for something just just purchase. The first post may be the one I go with. Appreciate your help. Defiantly looking for a Made in The USA product. Your pictures didn't come up though. Maybe it's just my phone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts