Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to try a new spot by the powerlines after work today at 4pm. its 10:23 pm and i just got home... without my jeep. a total of 7 trucks came and tried to get me out. several of those got stuck in the process, but got out. towing company said they will charge a minimum of $250 to get it out and i got a hold of a mini excavator who would charge the same. i may have to leave it over night but i still gotta get it out. any suggestions??

·
Registered
830 Posts
Chains and a come-along are a slow and exhausting process, but they work... Providing there is something strong enough and close enough to anchor to.

·
Registered
368 Posts
At least you arent stuck in a river with half the jeep underwater. In a ZJ. For 9 hours. And nobody would pull you out. Because they were scared...:banghead: Dont ask...

And of all things a Taco eventually pulled you out.

·
Genius
20,964 Posts
You need somebody with a winch and a long tow strap or chain to anchor their rig to a tree or a couple of trucks or something so when they winch you out they don't pull themselves in.

And yes

·
Registered
38 Posts
It is worthless without pics... DID YOU GET OUT???

My girls lil brother got crazily stuck up to his doors in mud with his cherokee on street tires.. I pulled out 50ft of tow straps and yanked him out like it was a powerwheel dragging behind me.. I don't get how you got in but not out... buy enough tow straps to make it to land and hieve ho low gear.

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Where exactly are the balls on a jeep because I think I need to get a slider for them... I'd hate to wank them on a rock and have my jeep throw up or something.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't see how anybody could get so stuck that they couldn't get out with a winch.?.?.?.?
When I had my stock XJ I got it out with a hand winch and 3 hours of work.
Get it done! :)

·
that's what she said
16,481 Posts
my husband did a similar thing a week after he got his tj. he managed to get his tj, his yj, & almost my dad's titan (he was mostly on "dry" land though). he got the yj out that night but had to leave the tj. it took a few guys and a caterpillar backhoe to pull it out. he still does not like to talk about that incident and it was 5 years ago.

·
Genius
20,964 Posts
All this tittering and no one's told me where the dangly bits are yet.
Well normally the "Dangly Bits" hang from the center of the crossmember that supports the front of the gas tank. I would post up a picture of the location but 1) this is a family friendly forum and 2) mine have been removed for quite some time and she won't give them back. Now they just sit in a jar on the mantle as a constant reminder of how much control I have in my house. :(

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Well normally the "Dangly Bits" hang from the center of the crossmember that supports the front of the gas tank. I would post up a picture of the location but 1) this is a family friendly forum and 2) mine have been removed for quite some time and she won't give them back. Now they just sit in a jar on the mantle as a constant reminder of how much control I have in my house. :(
<snicker> Now say dictator. :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hope you got out...and too bad you're not closer to MD. I've got an old M35A2 deuce-and-a-half with a 10k winch on it that'd get you out in a jif!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts