Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a good soaking rain here in Texas so I though I'd take the family out for a romp in the mud. Things were fine and dandy until the trail dropped down and I got stuck in mud up to front bumper. The drive side was buried almost to the doors as well. I was high centered and couldn't get any traction at all. Sucked! Three hours later we finally got out. Oh yeah, it rained the entire time we were there so it was three times as muddy when we finally got out. Awesome times!

Here are a couple pics to enjoy. If y'all have good ol' stuck pics please share!

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Wow, the 3rd shot makes it look not so bad. The stock tires that come on all but the rubis seem to have zero off road traction. By the looks of it, if you had more knobby tires you probably wouldn't have been stuck. How did you end up getting it out?

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
Tires man tires

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
brodydez said:
Wow, the 3rd shot makes it look not so bad. The stock tires that come on all but the rubis seem to have zero off road traction. By the looks of it, if you had more knobby tires you probably wouldn't have been stuck. How did you end up getting it out?
From the passenger side it looked good. The driver side was a different story! My buddy bought his rubi to come help out. He has 33's, 3 inch lift, 2inch body lift, and several other mods. He almost got stuck and couldn't winch me out. So he called another guy with a rubi to help. He had 35's and The same lift but he had MUCH better tires. We winched one rubi to another then hooked to me and pulled me out. The rest for pure determination and a heavy foot. All of us finally crawled out.

I think with a lift and some better tires I could have crawled out. Maybe. My sahara is bone stock for now.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Deflating the tires and rocking it back and forth drive to reverse might have done the trick.

If that didn't work try getting big chunks of that grass under the treads:)

edit: killer man looks sloppy fun!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Those wet fields are the worst, they generally have a bedrock depth of 4 or 5 feet so you can literally spin all day and never get traction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts