Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went up to play in the mountains and take some pictures of all the new snow we are getting up here. Unfortunately I lost track of where I was and slid off into the barrow pit and the pictures tell the rest of the story. Oh well it was all fun when we got out (only took a Ford and a Dodge to get us pulled out). :doh: Even a bad day in the Jeep turns out fun.

Attachments

·
Genius
20,965 Posts
:appl:

If you're going to do it, do it right. Looks like fun. I came home from vacation to find 10" of snow here. Fun fun.

·
Sponsoring Vendor
330 Posts
Nice pics!

Looks like a winch would be a great future mod! :)

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
Open differentials or did you bottom out? Might just be the angle but doesn't LOOK like you were all that stuck...but with open diffs like me or being bottomed out, that's a whole nother story. lol

·
Administrator
30,781 Posts
So that's what snow looks like. Great pics.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Open differentials or did you bottom out? Might just be the angle but doesn't LOOK like you were all that stuck...but with open diffs like me or being bottomed out, that's a whole nother story. lol
I do have open diffs which you are right make a huge difference. The snow was much deeper on the drivers side where the barrow pit was (up to my doors). A winch and some lockers would make life nice if I could just find that money tree. :D

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Looks like the Fords just in the way of a real truck :D

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
I've got open diffs and a winch. That means when I'm about to slide into a ditch I have to get the rear end to whip around so I go in backwards so I can pull my self out... otherwise I just pull myself in deeper.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've got open diffs and a winch. That means when I'm about to slide into a ditch I have to get the rear end to whip around so I go in backwards so I can pull my self out... otherwise I just pull myself in deeper.
I hadn't really thought about that but in this case I was going in reverse so a winch in the front hooked to the other side of the road would have worked well for me.

Can you put a winch on the stock bumper set up or do you need to get a new bumper with winch plate?

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
I'm pretty sure you could just get a winch plate. It uses the top 4 bolts of the front bumper and has the mounting holes for the winch and the mounting holes for the fairlead pre drilled.

IMO I think just a winch chilling on the front of a jeep would look a little odd.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Looked like a nice day to get stuck with the fresh snow and sunshine in your favor. A day to remember, I bet. :cool:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where in Idaho Gumpy??
Southeast Idaho just outside of Idaho Falls.

I had planned on getting a new front bumper as well but it all starts to add up and I can't do it at once (since I also need to re-gear and add lockers). I had just thought about adding the winch first and then adding the bumper later but wouldn't want to buy a winch plate twice, so I may just have to save a little longer. Thanks for the info.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts