Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took the doors off for the first time on my 99 sport and was wondering how to turn off the interior lights?

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Apexeater said:
I just took the doors off for the first time on my 99 sport and was wondering how to turn off the interior lights?
Behind the glove box. Fuse #4.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
my 2002 Owner's Manual actual instructs you to remove this fuse when driving doors-off.

·
Registered
401 Posts
There are no stupid questions, only stupid noobs....... :hide:
Pull the fuse, or get some clips for the switches. The Stormcrow's PO found a timer that disabled the switches and gives me a 15 second dome light when the ignition is turned off. I haven't had time to find this device to see who made it. lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
Like the other guys said, just pull fuse #4. But just as an FYI, when you pull that fuse your Jeep will no longer chime at you if you leave your lights on or your keys in the ignition...you'll have to remember to check that on your own.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Zurn said:
There are no stupid questions, only stupid noobs....... :hide:
Pull the fuse, or get some clips for the switches. The Stormcrow's PO found a timer that disabled the switches and gives me a 15 second dome light when the ignition is turned off. I haven't had time to find this device to see who made it. lol
The clips are a bad idea. Getting a in-line fuse with a switch is a better idea.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Or you can push the door sensor "plunger" into its sleeve, drill a small hole through both, and put a safety pin through both of them. When its time to put the doors back on, just pull the safety pin out and you're good to go.

ForumRunner_20121103_084617.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
640 Posts
pull the fuse is the best bet and just check that headlights are off

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all, I pulled #4 and that work perfectly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts