Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I remove spacers from the rear will it lower the front a little?

I’m running 1” spacers in the rear no spacers in front. I’d like to lower the rear about an inch but I’d like the front to drop about 1/2. I considered adding an aftermarket bumper but I like my rig light and have no need for a winch.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
This is an odd question.

What are you really trying to accomplish? Why would you want to lower the front by half an inch? Are you having trouble driving under an obstacle in a parking garage or something?

·
Registered
970 Posts
Just as stupid answer. If you lower the back you will actually raise [By a insignificant amount] any part that is in front of the front suspension.

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
what numbers are on your coils? Depending on what coils you have you might lower it by installing lower number coils.

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
Probably need to install eibach 2.5 coils up front with 1/2" spacer

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So right now my front is slightly over 3.25” in the front and about 3” in the rear. Ideally I’d like the whole thing to drop 1/2”

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe I’ll just swap the rest 1” spacers with a 1/2” and call it good. I want to remove the spacers but without a neg rake

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
it is free to just pull the rear spacers and see how it looks. Takes me about 45 minutes to remove and replace rear coils. I am surprised that with such a light rig the eibach 3.5 coils did not give you more lift.

·
Registered
379 Posts
it is free to just pull the rear spacers and see how it looks. Takes me about 45 minutes to remove and replace rear coils. I am surprised that with such a light rig the eibach 3.5 coils did not give you more lift.
I have a 4dr jk with 3.5" eibachs and I'm getting like 2(3/4)" of lift. I've got no additional weight on my vehicle compared to a stock wrangler other than my 35" spare. Running a soft top too.

These coils are plush. I used to have 3.5" rubicon express coils that gave me way more than 3.5" (never measured how much i actually got). I thought it was too much of a rough ride so i switched to 3.5" eibachs and it felt like my jeep dropped a ridiculous amount of height. Does ride a lot better though, but I'm not happy about the height loss (especially not getting the full 3.5" lift on a stock jeep)

I'm likely gonna do the opposite of what OP is doing and I'm probably gonna add spacers in the front and rear to get some height back that these eibachs took from me

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That because Eibach unlike all other manufacturers give their lift height based on a stock Jeep. 3.5” is the maximum lift you will get. Their coils are also maintain the factory spring weight their just longer. They have a set for the 2 and 4 door. I’m on my 3rd set of springs and the ride quality these have provided is unbelievable compared to the others. That’s probably because all others are really 4dr springs with an inch added to the 2dr.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts