Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOW in the world do you:
1. use your fog lights, and 2. use the cruise control.
(i understand that i just made myself come across as an idiot, but i dont care!!! i havent figured it out in the month i have had my kid!!:banghead:)

·
Registered
137 Posts
1). Pull out on the turn indicator when using low beams.

2). On steering wheel, use the function pad at 4:00. Turn it on first.

·
Registered
209 Posts
you pull out on the headlight switch to get driving lights on. you hit the on button little light comes on on the dash then hit set.

·
The Bad Guy
23,245 Posts
Now that you have your answers, download the owner's manual and start reading, especially before using 4WD.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Fog Lights....rotate the knob on the end of the trun-signal stalk (left side) all the way forward (to turn ON the headlights) and then PULL the end of the knob OUT (away from the stearing column).

Cruise....First activate the system by punching the ON/OFF button on the stearing wheel (right side); an indicator "cruise" light will illuminate on the speedo. Once you achieve the speed you want to set, simply press and release the "set" button (bottom right button) and it will hold that speed.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
No dumb questions. It would be dumber not to use something because you were afraid to ask how.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What about cruise control on a 5 speed manual TJ. Does it work in every gear or only 4/5? Is there a minimum speed overall or a minimum for each gear?

·
Registered
21,221 Posts
I think the slowest I have gone using cruise is 35. I'm sure it would work in every gear but I wouldn't try going 35mph is first gear. ;)

·
Registered
351 Posts
And remember that the fog lights will turn off when high-beams are on. So if you have your lights on with the fogs and then you hit your high beams, the fogs shut off. When hb's go off, fogs go back on.:flowers:

·
Registered
343 Posts
If you have the lights on auto, the fogs will also come on/off with them automatically so long as you have the nob popped out.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Ok, new guy stupid question # two. How do you turn make the dome /interior lights come on when you open the door? Mine is completely dark and since I just got it I am fumbling around trying to put the key in the ignition. At first i thought that a Jeep must not work like a car because the top and doors come off but I am pretty sure switch is turned off somewhere.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts