Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was coming out of class today and noticed one of my sway bar disco pins was bent as if they weren't hard enough to get out in the first place so I snapped a picture to post on here along if anyone with a better trained eye on me sees anything else out of the ordinary here. The way the pin sits now it seems like it could be a common problem bit the passenger side has no bends in it.

Running a 13 JK sport with 3" teraflex suspension lift with

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good question. Being my first jeep/sfa/sway bar discos I thought something looked odd besides just the bent pin. What's the easiest way to check if my axle is centered?

·
Registered
249 Posts
x2 on a centered axle, unless the picture angle is just misleading. to see if its centered you could measure the distance between the C of the axle on each side, to the frame for a quick referance. you should have the same distance on each side. on the disco part i made my own with some ground down bolts and lynch pins

·
Registered
493 Posts
Take a pic of the other side. To me it looks like the pin should be facing inwards.
I also think it is installed backwards. The pin should be on the inside, not by the hub.
Troy

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
So I was coming out of class today and noticed one of my sway bar disco pins was bent as if they weren't hard enough to get out in the first place so I snapped a picture to post on here along if anyone with a better trained eye on me sees anything else out of the ordinary here. The way the pin sits now it seems like it could be a common problem bit the passenger side has no bends in it.

Running a 13 JK sport with 3" teraflex suspension lift with

Yup its on abckwards....

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright so now I look like a dummy but in my defense the instructions said NOTHING on how to install the discos but should be an easy fix. Would them being backwards affect the driving of the Jeep?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Alright so now I look like a dummy but in my defense the instructions said NOTHING on how to install the discos but should be an easy fix. Would them being backwards affect the driving of the Jeep?
It might, you need to switch the stud around so the disco is inside with pin to..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya I'll probably crawl under there tomorrow and see what I can do. I guess that would also explain why the pins don't wanna come out too. Wonder if lifting the Jeep of the ground will maybe take some tension off of them

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I called under the Jeep and switched some stuff around. Attaching some pics to make sure evening looks good now except the bent pin(gonna have to cut it out probably) now I'm wondering though will the sway bar links affect alignment or should I still be good. Only asking since the general rule is get an alignment after Amy suspension work but not sure if something minor like this would warrant a realignment. Thanks for the info everyone.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts