Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dude I work with has a '14 Base Sport, I have a 14' Polar edition that I have done some subtle but smart mods to. Rancho 9k adjustable shocks, jks front sway bar disconnects, etc.

I'm getting a lift and new shocks tires, etc, and say, "hey. I'm getting a lift and wont need my upgraded shocks, disconnects, or springs. Do you want them".

Dude says. " Nah. I'm not looking for that kind of stuff, maybe some lights, and one of those extender things "

Totally confused, I pry on what he thinks an extender thing is? Turns out he wants a trailer because he should have bought an SUV.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Are you sure he didn't mean a hitch rack? If that's what he meant it wouldn't be too silly as a ton of us run them. When I need to carry more gear I take my silly trailer. :) I guess every jeeper uses their stuff in different ways. I kind of like that about the jeep lifestyle.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Why are you getting rid of your JKS disco's? You can still use them with the lift, just extend them.

·
Registered
92 Posts

He probably meant one of these, so he can operate the window crank on the passenger side. I know its on my mod list.

·
Registered
340 Posts
With over a quarter million Jeeps sold a year....

Not every one of them will have the valuable knowledge gained here committed to memory and available to spew out in their everyday vernacular.

There's bound to be a few that might need guidance, tell them to read up right here on this very forum for the necessary required insight that it is a prerequisite before they drive another mile.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Just giving them away lol?

I'll take em if he don't want em :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Jeeps are bad enough, jeep friends are the worst. They talk you into upgrades, you try to resist. They take you to trails and show you what you could do with a little lift or a little bigger tire Then you need a winch because you can push the limits a little more and get yourself out of trouble just to get to that view very few will ever see

I remember my words right after I bought mine.....not interested in all these mods......I found out, you really don't have a say in the matter.....haha. It just happens!

·
Super Moderator
10,640 Posts
I am the owner of two Jeeps which means I can say twice the number of stupid things.

I'll even argue with myself about Rubicons vs Saharas, 2-doors vs 4-doors, painted vs black fenders, 33" vs 35" tires, ATs vs MTs, LSD vs lockers.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are you sure he didn't mean a hitch rack? If that's what he meant it wouldn't be too silly as a ton of us run them. When I need to carry more gear I take my silly trailer. :) I guess every jeeper uses their stuff in different ways. I kind of like that about the jeep lifestyle.
Nope, positive it was a trailer. I'm not knocking on them, just that he truly didn't even know what it was called. I was thinking a hitch rack originally too.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Seriously... why hate?

While I can't speak for most people on this forum.. I will say - I was clueless on everything jeep until I started doing significant (read: hours) research on this website.

Then I started opening my wallet...

Then I started modifying my jeep based on forum members pictures and feedback...

Now, I get all sort of compliments at the gas station.. "dude, nice jeep.. what LED headlights are those? What 50" light bar is that?"

Me: "I dunno... Bright."

"Nice rims, man.. what brand are those?"

Me: Black.

"What side steps are those?"

Me: Round and made of metal, I think.

"Where did you get that grill guard?"

Me: Online.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Jeeps are bad enough, jeep friends are the worst. They talk you into upgrades, you try to resist. They take you to trails and show you what you could do with a little lift or a little bigger tire Then you need a winch because you can push the limits a little more and get yourself out of trouble just to get to that view very few will ever see

I remember my words right after I bought mine.....not interested in all these mods......I found out, you really don't have a say in the matter.....haha. It just happens!

OMG!! Even my wife got a chuckle at that, and it's so freaking true! It was true with my Z28, then the GTO, then the SRT Challenger, then the 370z, both of her Daytona Chargers, and I know it'll be true with the HR!

HAHAHAHA!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Seriously... why hate? While I can't speak for most people on this forum.. I will say - I was clueless on everything jeep until I started doing significant (read: hours) research on this website. Then I started opening my wallet... Then I started modifying my jeep based on forum members pictures and feedback... Now, I get all sort of compliments at the gas station.. "dude, nice jeep.. what LED headlights are those? What 50" light bar is that?" Me: "I dunno... Bright." "Nice rims, man.. what brand are those?" Me: Black. "What side steps are those?" Me: Round and made of metal, I think. "Where did you get that grill guard?" Me: Online.
I'm with you, I just want it to look good I don't need to sweat the details!! To each their own

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
"What lift kit do you have?"

"How many inches of lift do you have?"

UHHH

·
Super Moderator
9,601 Posts
I am the owner of two Jeeps which means I can say twice the number of stupid things. I'll even argue with myself about Rubicons vs Saharas, 2-doors vs 4-doors, painted vs black fenders, 33" vs 35" tires, ATs vs MTs, LSD vs lockers.
what no conversations about Dino vs synthetic? Lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts