Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Recently picked up a 15 wrangler unlimited and i just started installing my amp for a sub i want to run from my old car. I have the factory 430 radio and i ordered this LOC

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LIAHSM4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Im just wondering where and what exact wires i need to hook up the LOC into in order to have the RCAs to run the sub. And where do you guys hook up the remote turn on?

Thanks for the help,

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I'd do some serious research on the Chrysler CAN BUS electrical system before attempting to splice an amplifier into your new Jeep. It's not a typical 12V system.

Or have a professional shop install your amp .
If it fry's your Jeeps electrical system they can pay for the repairs.

·
Registered
319 Posts
The wiring for the factory subwoofer runs along the top edge of the tub on the passenger side.

Green wires are NEGATIVE and grey wires are POSITIVE. The left and right channels are identified by a white or black stripe.

I tapped into the pink/blue wire pictured above as my remote turn-on source. Using this wire as the source required moving a fuse in the fuse box. From the factory, the rear power outlet is “always on.” The M7 slot is a 3 position slot that can be moved so that the rear power outlet turns on only while the ignition is in the ON or ACC position.

I have a complete write up, that includes pictures of what fuse to move, in a word document if anyone would like it just PM me.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im just not sure what to hook into if i didnt have a factory sub to begin with. I read you can hook into the speakers but what is the best way to do this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can i still hook into the factory sub wires shown there and still get a signal from it even though i do not have the alpine sub?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Your best option is to get an aftermarket head unit. But if you're using a line-out converter to get around that, you can tap that into the rear speaker wires. That's what I did in high school when I was too poor for a head unit that had pre outs. Power wire goes to the battery (with a fuse) which eliminates the CANBUS concern (it's actually a PWM concern, not CANBUS).

Dedicated lines WILL sound better, so my advice would be to make that a temporary fix until you get a better stereo.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your best option is to get an aftermarket head unit. But if you're using a line-out converter to get around that, you can tap that into the rear speaker wires. That's what I did in high school when I was too poor for a head unit that had pre outs. Power wire goes to the battery (with a fuse) which eliminates the CANBUS concern (it's actually a PWM concern, not CANBUS).

Dedicated lines WILL sound better, so my advice would be to make that a temporary fix until you get a better stereo.
i agree and will probably get another head unit down the line, but i have the radio 430 and i like the looks of it right now. Where are the rear wires located do you know?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Your best option is to get an aftermarket head unit. But if you're using a line-out converter to get around that, you can tap that into the rear speaker wires. That's what I did in high school when I was too poor for a head unit that had pre outs. Power wire goes to the battery (with a fuse) which eliminates the CANBUS concern (it's actually a PWM concern, not CANBUS). Dedicated lines WILL sound better, so my advice would be to make that a temporary fix until you get a better stereo.
Don't tap into the rear speakers, they have limited frequency response and output. Tap into the front speakers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts