Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for about an hour through the different sub box threads and found nothing in particular about a specific box style. I'm about to finally put a couple of 10's in and am wondering if anyone's used Subthump's box or any of the down firing brands? I did come across a couple of posts with boxes made into the seat and although I do like that idea, I'm not fond of shallow mount subs. So back to the box in the rear... does anyone have any experience with either or both? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
Subs are not direction but placement can make a difference. But without an RTA it is pretty hard to find the right location. Down firing is just fine, it is what most of us probably use in our homes. I am right now building a 12 inch down firing box for my 2 door. It is a SL sub not spl but performs as good as many full size subs. Hopefully it will show up sometime this week. Oh and the cool thing about it, it only needs .5 cubic foot box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To0XaqfKQuw

·
Super Moderator
2,776 Posts
I had a 10” Pioneer downfiring sub in my jk. It sounded so good, I barely had the level halfway up. Nice thing too is I could still pack the cargo area with stuff. Im

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
373 Posts
Here’s mine. It rocks with the top down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts