Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 sahara unlimited and trying to hook up amp and sub. Everything hooked up already except for tie in to speaker wire with PAC adapter. I have power and remote already hooked up. I just need to to hook into speaker wire. I am trying to hook into stock sub wire but can not figure which wires to tie into. On rear passenger side under carpet are about 20 wires wrapped and 2 must be wires to sub. Can anyone help me with which color runs to sub. Or can anyone send me in right direction on who to ask. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
142 Posts
you'll have to use all 4 of the stock sub wires going to your adapter... there's 2 pairs of + and - in that 4 connector plug. if you don't find out any wire colors, you might have to do trial and error. I can look later at my 08 sahara unlimited when I get home...the wire colors may be the same.

you were planning on unhooking the factory sub once you got the new one hooked up right?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was gonna just clip wires and run into PAC adaptor ( canceling stock sub). That is ok correct. I thought the wires were yellow and yellow with a blue strip and I did not know there were 4. There are 2 sets of these colors. Would they be the same colors. Also would I just join solid wires and striped wires seperate in truck and on PAC adaptor then just splice striped wires together and solid wires together from truck to adaptor. Sorry if this is basic. Stereos are not my strong point.Thanks again. If you could check on those colors for me in your 08, it would be appreciated. Thanks again.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I was gonna just clip wires and run into PAC adaptor ( canceling stock sub). That is ok correct. I thought the wires were yellow and yellow with a blue strip and I did not know there were 4. There are 2 sets of these colors. Would they be the same colors. Also would I just join solid wires and striped wires seperate in truck and on PAC adaptor then just splice striped wires together and solid wires together from truck to adaptor. Sorry if this is basic. Stereos are not my strong point.Thanks again. If you could check on those colors for me in your 08, it would be appreciated. Thanks again.
yellow and yellow/blue sound right...

is that what you have?

I left the factory plug in the vehicle in mine in case I ever wanted to put it back in (sell it or something)...I traced the wires from that plug further towards the front of the jeep and spliced into the wires.

just like that, except in your case it'll be the yellow and yellow/blue pair of wires. Then you can probably just put the pac adapter behind the carpet and just run your RCA cables from there to the amp.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeh that is pretty much the same thing. Let me get this right. From car electrical, I will cut and join both solid yellow together then do the same for the yellow with stripe then on Pac adaptor join solid color together and striped color wires together then join the stripe to stripe and solid to solid then connection will be done.

·
Registered
142 Posts
yeh that is pretty much the same thing. Let me get this right. From car electrical, I will cut and join both solid yellow together then do the same for the yellow with stripe then on Pac adaptor join solid color together and striped color wires together then join the stripe to stripe and solid to solid then connection will be done.
I believe the way that adapter is set up, is that it needs 2 channels (2 pairs of + & -) to convert the signal correctly into the RCA cables. If you put the the yellows and yellow/blues together, the factory head unit may not work correctly either.

You'll be attaching 4 wires from the pac adapter to a yellow, yellow, yellow/blue and yellow/blue in the jeep. Either yellow is + and yellow/blue is -, or vise versa. I haven't made it home yet... if you wanna trial and error it, if you get it right; it will sound much better one way vs. the other. Just make sure not to cross any wires that shouldn't be together while you are testing it out. Or if you have access to a multimeter, that would work as well. I'm betting that there's a black wire coming off that adapter as well; I've never had to hook it up. If you get interference or static you can try grounding it out.

·
Registered
142 Posts
well turns out my plug on my '08 had green/white, gray/white, green/black, gray/black wires on it. It's tough to say if the wiring is the same or not, obviously different wire colors though.

Looking at the plug, with the tab on the top: 1st pin - negative, 2nd - positive, 3rd - positive, 4th - negative is how I have mine set up. Pair up 1st & 2nd, and 3rd & 4th. I don't know what the wire scheme is on your adapter, but the black striped wires are negative, solid are positive. Mine sounds great that way vs. any other combination. However, that doesn't mean yours is the same way. Give it a shot! Good luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for help but no luck with wires gotta keep looking. someone has to know what wires to tap into.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts