Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for any of the Jeepers on here that have purchased the subdued (black) american flags for your rides, what size did you get and where did you get them? Please dont respond with "look it up on google". i am looking for a quality pair. dont want to risk getting some crap. If you have pics, please post also...makes it easier to judge what the size looks like actually on the Jeep. Thanks everyone!!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I went with one from Pixel Decals, as others had mentioned. Obviusly not black, but it fit right where I wanted it. Though in my case I'm not as thrilled with the color of the 'dark sand' as it's got a bit of a pinkish/salmon tone, but that is why I bought the sticker - to test the color against the Jeep itself.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Slightly off topic but still related. I just purchased some decals from pixel decals to replace the existing wrangler decals. I removed the wrangler decals and it left that sticky residue. I tried numerous things to remove it. I finally got frustrated after getting a bit off and just threw the other decals on. I tried wd-40, goo gone and a light rubbing of varsol. Nothing seemed to clean it up completely. Any tips??

·
Registered
319 Posts
I went with one from Pixel Decals, as others had mentioned. Obviusly not black, but it fit right where I wanted it. Though in my case I'm not as thrilled with the color of the 'dark sand' as it's got a bit of a pinkish/salmon tone, but that is why I bought the sticker - to test the color against the Jeep itself.
I love the look of those against the Sahara tan!

·
Registered
2009 JK Sport tweaked a bit.
297 Posts
Pixel Decals - It may take a while to get them as he does not make them until he has a full batch.

·
Registered
2009 JK Sport tweaked a bit.
297 Posts
Slightly off topic but still related. I just purchased some decals from pixel decals to replace the existing wrangler decals. I removed the wrangler decals and it left that sticky residue. I tried numerous things to remove it. I finally got frustrated after getting a bit off and just threw the other decals on. I tried wd-40, goo gone and a light rubbing of varsol. Nothing seemed to clean it up completely. Any tips??
Rubbing Alcohol works for me.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I picked up a set from Military-Graphics.com I don't remember the size but I believe they are roughly 4" x 8", they go great with my military theme.
thats perfect. most of the ones i have come across are smaller...was looking for something bigger. think that size should do fine. thank you

·
Registered
319 Posts
I guess I will try when it's warmer. I even tried hearing it up with a hair dryer to soften it up. I think I'm just worried about ruining the paint in the process.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Try rubbing your thumb til it heats up and comes off

·
Registered
20 Posts
3M Adhesive remover. Get it at auto parts store. It's what body shops use.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Pixel Decals reflective black FTW flag FTW. I wish I would have gotten my Sahara sticker from them.

Looks black...

Looks white...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wow, those are all the tricks I've tried too. The only other think I can think of, I don't remember what its called but it's grafitti remover.
Be careful with that stuff. I used it one time on a machine at work to take off some graffiti. Let it sit for a few minutes while I sprayed all the graffiti (the little shits had a field day with this particular machine). By the time I got back to the first spot and wiped it off, it stripped the panel right down to bare metal. Paint and primer gone. Dont remember the brand any more but I dont much trust graffiti remover after that.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I think the pixel decals flags are the way to go. I initially got a black reflective set from cafepress and the quality was fine, but they weren't a left and right flag. The stars would have been facing back on the passenger side.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think the pixel decals flags are the way to go. I initially got a black reflective set from cafepress and the quality was fine, but they weren't a left and right flag. The stars would have been facing back on the passenger side.
those were the first ones i looked at, but for what i want, they are too small. i have not seen an option to have them printed larger.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts