Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
137 Posts
that sounds pretty epic because honestly...in a 2 door who cares about the people in the back! and the bass is terrible in the 2012's at least mine is..... and also my twitters are terrible anyone have a suggestion for those to get better sound?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the upgraded alpine system in my 2013 and I love the fact that I have bass now, but the twitters are not that great. I am looking for a suggestion on those too!

·
Registered
137 Posts
i just have the stock factory sound system with no upgrades but u-connect....so i cant even change out the radio or ill lose that....but i definately want to add bass and upgrade the speakers. Can i install the alpine system after purchase? If so how much and how much better or worse does it sound?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just have the stock factory sound system with no upgrades but u-connect....so i cant even change out the radio or ill lose that....but i definately want to add bass and upgrade the speakers. Can i install the alpine system after purchase? If so how much and how much better or worse does it sound?
I also have the stock factory speakers.. not even the Infinity system that a lot of them come with... Quadratec Exclusive JK-KWR - Kicker Factory Replacement Overhead Sound Bar Speaker Kit for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec I'm sure you have seen these, but They're plug and play. I have heard they can handle a lot more bass than even the infinity system. My problem is that I don't even have a sub in the back.

·
Registered
137 Posts
yeah me either like i said my jeep is booooooone stock on the inside and out other than lights i put on.....and the factory sound sucks....butt.....ive heard that with labor and everything for me to install just my amp and subwoofer that i already have....itll cost like 250....and i cant afford that...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm probably just going to get the Alpine or Kicker upgrade for the soundbar and maybe the dash. I'll wire a sub in the back when I get the money for it.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
JUST IMO- but I wouldn't put a sub in the sound bar. You don't get any benefit with having them right above you- plus you'll drown out your front speakers. It probably won't take long before it rattles like crazy. No amount of poly-fill will fix/prevent that. The enclosure is cheap- not designed to take repetitive bass. Conjecture but probably why the HU is powered down to those speakers to begin with.
Kicker makes an 8" and 10" sub (mine); JL makes an 8" and a 10". Also a shallow Kicker for the tool area. Many others; all for the rear cargo area. Pretty easy install.
Kicker or JL speakers w/amp upfront are a significant improvement by the way (to the stock system). You can increase volume considerably because they don't clip at the slightest bass like the stock.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I also have the stock factory speakers.. not even the Infinity system that a lot of them come with... Quadratec Exclusive JK-KWR - Kicker Factory Replacement Overhead Sound Bar Speaker Kit for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec I'm sure you have seen these, but They're plug and play. I have heard they can handle a lot more bass than even the infinity system. My problem is that I don't even have a sub in the back.
Would these be an upgrade to the Alpine speakers as well?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Add on sub

If I had not upgraded to the Alpine system with sub I would add the self contained Infinity basslink 10" which I have in my other car and works great.

It has a remote volume control and many adjustments to adapt to the vehicle.

Run a power cable tap into the speaker bar wires and mount the volume control and it will blow away the stock sub.

I mounted mine to be able to come out easily if I need the room for cargo

paid $170 ebay

·
Registered
225 Posts
have a read through this thread... plenty of good options in there for what to do about the bass. http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/why-soundbar-wont-sound-good-with-stock-amplifier-152077.html

Ended up going with an extra amp to power the new sub. You can get an enclosure and put it in yourself. No way I would put the sub's in the overhead. It would take 1 thumpy song to convince you it is money wasted, and you will need to rewire off your amp, as the speakers are full range, not just the sub. all u will hear is mud mud mud

1 - 13 of 13 Posts