Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

Registered
I am looking to do the install with very similar powered sub... Do you have pics?
This thread is 5 years old, you probably won't get a response from the guy you quoted.

But you're asking about a self powered sub unit? I recently installed a sound ordnance b-8ptd in my TJ's arm rest ($170 on crutchfield). It's an 8" sub with a 125w built in amp. I love it! The bass is great, finally getting that low end I've been missing in my system. Wiring was a breeze and it comes with a bass control knob that I installed on the front face of the arm rest. Makes adjusting the bass per song/radio/podcast super easy.

I did have to gut out the arm rest and dremel out some of the support of the arm rest lid to fit it in there. Oh and the locking mech had to go (mine was broke anyways). I don't miss the storage though, I love having bass for my music again.

Attachments

Registered
Yeah I realized how old it was after I posted... LOL... I don't have a center console. I ended up putting mounting it to my front passenger floor. There is a good bit of room and didn't take away from the legroom. I mounted a 2x6 to the floor under the carpet and mounted the powered sub (the same one you installed) to the board. I still have some wire and general clean-up to do. But it works nicely, I will post some pics when I get done with the project. The sub adds so much to the sound, 100% improvement in my opinion.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts